User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Spanish slate

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

jfreynik

I need to find about 20 square of black Spanish slate. 12 X 24 X 1/4 smooth in texture. I can't seem to find anybody that can supply me what I'm looking for. I know the original roofer and where he got them from but neither can help me now. Any ideas???? I'm in the greater Philadelphia Pennsylvania area. The foundation is in so time is of the essence. I was told when given the prints for the addition that it was PA slate but I have since learned they are Spanish black. There will have to be an up charge which there ok with. The one sample I got from Marvic Supply is not even a close match in color or texture. I'll go take a picture of one and post it a little later>>>

September 17, 2009 at 8:19 p.m.

Old School

I got some like what your had originally from Evergreen about 18 years ago. Post the pictures on Slateroofcentral. More help there.>>>

September 17, 2009 at 1:38 p.m.

Lefty

Hi Copperman,

Penn Big Bed 610-767-4601>>>

September 17, 2009 at 7:31 a.m.

jfreynik

Can't seem to find a Phone # Lefty for Pete's , any help?>>>

September 17, 2009 at 7:18 a.m.

jfreynik

I talked to the guy that did the original house and he insist it's Spanish black and he got it at marvic supply. I went there and they say the one sample I got was all they can get. It's clear its not the same type.I've tried google and can't seam to find anything. I got a call into Roberts but they were closed at 3:00 pm already. The Pa slate is dusty, If cleaned off it would be a closer match then the Spanish. I'll see about Petes. Maybe even take a run up there for a sample.>>>

September 17, 2009 at 7:17 a.m.

Jed

Larry, Call Ben at Hilltop Slate, (618-559-6953) send him the pic. From what I can see the Welsh Grey or the Burlington Black will match.>>>

September 17, 2009 at 7:13 a.m.

Lefty

Hi Copperman,

Maybe it is the slate out of Pete's Bangor, Pa quarry. I have not used that slate, so I can not say.>>>

September 17, 2009 at 6:55 a.m.

jfreynik

I just wanted to bump this up again>>>

September 16, 2009 at 2:14 p.m.

jfreynik

The one on the left is off the roof the other is the sample I got, Spanish Black. It has sparkles in it which you can see,the old one does not. The slate on the left is PA slate from Penn Big Bed Slate>>>

September 16, 2009 at 8:29 a.m.

elcid

The only one we dealt with was Roberts, located @ Township and Church Roads. He should be able to help you.>>>

September 16, 2009 at 8:14 a.m.

Jed

Try Hilltop or Vermont slate.....or Camara's, they have Welsh Black, it would be a close match.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

TAMKO - Banner Ad - Titan Product of the Year
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio