User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
USG - Sidebar - Fire
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Snowmagedon

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

copperman

That's what the news people are calling it. We have a blizzard on our hands. 18 inches on top of the 12 inches the other day and it's still going strong as of 7:22 pm. They say it will end after midnight. I'll take some pictures tomorrow. I'm running out of room to put the snow.

March 5, 2010 at 2:24 p.m.

copperman

That bird house is all copper. It will last a lifetime. No birds ever moved in it yet.

March 5, 2010 at 8:21 a.m.

Aaron

I could roof the birdhouse for you, even with this weather... Call me if you need me.

March 4, 2010 at 4:14 p.m.

CentralArk

The Way I understand it is this is the coldest winter GLOBALLY in 100 years.I hate all that snow for u guys it's bad enough if work is slow but to not be able to leave the house much really sucks. :S

February 27, 2010 at 7:50 a.m.

Pot Gregory

While we are on the subject of global warmin.......I was watching O'reilly on Fox News...sometime last year. They were doing a piece about the complaints from Al's camp, that the people and scientists who were claiming it was just a natural turn of events, or just a cycle that the planet was going thru, were claiming this just to make or get money. Wellll..after an intense investigation, the Factor concluded that the naturalists had indeed gotten some money...to about the tune of around several million dollars. I don't remember the exact figure, but it was several mil...maybe around 10 mil......but, after further investigation, the Factor found that the Gore following, that was claiming it to be manmade alltogether, had gotten over 50 mil from all this. WE REPORT ......YOU DECIDE... ;)

February 26, 2010 at 12:15 p.m.

Jed

Pot Gregory Said: ......global warmin..... :woohoo: :woohoo:

.....Liberal Bullshit..... :woohoo: :woohoo:

February 26, 2010 at 9:24 a.m.

Pot Gregory

......global warmin..... :woohoo: :woohoo:

February 25, 2010 at 3:46 p.m.

Old School

Isn't that the truth. The storms have been going completely around us in Michigan

February 25, 2010 at 2:40 p.m.

pgriz

That would be about normal for us in Montreal. Instead of a "real" winter we're getting temperatures around the freezing mark (about 5-10 degrees above normal) and slush/wet snow instead of the real stuff. Can't go skiing as I need I'll need hip waders to go through the slush at the base of every hill and trail. OTOH, my heating bill's down. :huh: :P

February 25, 2010 at 8:43 a.m.

Terry D

We are still shovelling roofs, chipping ice out of gutters that have not fallen off the houses, cleaning up porch roofs that have caved in and fixing everything that can be damaged by ice and snow. We are expecting another 4 to 6" through tonight. Tomorrow should be interesting.

February 25, 2010 at 7:12 a.m.

copperman

Going to get another one, this could out due the others. they are calling it a snow hurricane. I'm in Ohio so I wont be home to see it. my kids will have to deal with it.

February 11, 2010 at 9:18 a.m.

copperman

Even the birds are having trouble.

February 11, 2010 at 7:50 a.m.

robert

I had to shovel my way in this morning! :woohoo: :laugh:

February 11, 2010 at 6:50 a.m.

copperman

thats a three rail fence in my front yard and the bottom rail is buried this is just down the road. big drifts are forming. Don't look like much roofing happening this week.

February 10, 2010 at 6:48 p.m.

craftesman

here in w pa. i got 19" fri-nite early sat morning and we got 5 more last night and today. spent all day sat digging out and had to start again this morning. 8-10 ft. snow piles are the norm everywhere.

February 10, 2010 at 6:25 p.m.

Old School

Gosh, up here where it is supposed to snow we only got about 10 inches. Not much of a winter.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Beacon - Banner Ad - Living the dream summer adventure 2024
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all