User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Small business w/ a hail storm

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

clvr83

In '09 we went through a serious hailstorm/inline winds and we just smashed and grabbed. Didn't do exactimate, hardly ever dealt with insurance except for here and there throughout the years. I charged what I wanted, had to fight insurance quite often. Sometimes unsuccessfully.

Now, I'd like to be more informed if this comes up again. My main inquiry would be regarding these companies that offer to write up an estimate for you. Any comments?

April 8, 2015 at 6:47 a.m.

clvr83

I've been eyeballin certain contractors who are at the end of their career to sell for me. Once again, crossing my fingers that we don't have a huge storm.

April 7, 2015 at 9:07 p.m.

clvr83

That is all true natty. I'm not great at asking to see the paperwork.

I'm just trying to think about how to be the most efficient I can be BEFORE the next time we get overwhelmed with calls. Now that I know about Eagleview, that will really help speed up sales on the cutup jobs. I also have an answering service(guy) now whereas I didn't have before.

April 7, 2015 at 8:53 p.m.

natty

The biggest problem I have in situations like this is getting the homeowner to let me see how much the insurance company is giving them. Few can understand the paper work the insurance company gave them. Nevertheless, they think they can make some money if I give them a lower estimate than the insurance company.

April 7, 2015 at 8:42 p.m.

natty

clvr83 Said: The line items they miss. Or whatever reason it is they come in below my price too often.

Seems to me, you can argue all of that with their own documents.

April 7, 2015 at 8:29 p.m.

clvr83

The line items they miss. Or whatever reason it is they come in below my price too often.

April 7, 2015 at 7:27 p.m.

natty

Adjustor has already paid for the satellite view. They have diagram with all dimensions, the exactimate with all particulars, and they have given a copy to the homeowner. Why pay to have it all done again?

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Construction Solutions - Banner Ad - Where do you like to get your training from manufacturers?
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar