User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Slate repairs, built in hybrid gutters and wood repairs.

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

This is a job we are working on right now. We get to take it apart, redesign it and put it back together; 40 feet in the air. What fun eh? Mike should like this setup as they do it quite a bit like this in NZ. https://picasaweb.google.com/crookston.john4/6309871101524258641?authkey=Gv1sRgCMigi8yTy9CXUg#6309871178288522786

August 26, 2016 at 4:09 p.m.

Lefty1

Nice .

August 22, 2016 at 3:11 p.m.

Old School

Here is the new link to the pictures I had before, sans the descriptions that I haven't figured out how to include yet. https://goo.gl/photos/g7b2GNVNwbJJRyreA

August 22, 2016 at 7:19 a.m.

TomB

Vaa - Scaffolding is basically a free-for-all over here - Other than complying with OSHA,(Occupational Safety & Health Administration/Dept. of Labor), which are minimum/generalized safety regs.

There are scaffolding companies, but are typically utilized for economic reasons.

August 22, 2016 at 5:14 a.m.

johnwillingham

Roofing is long time investmet and reliable roofing services offer durability. The best part of roofing is that they don't ask for repairing and replacing just after few months.

August 2, 2016 at 10:09 p.m.

Old School

That is the idea. My Grand kids will be old when that comes up for repairs.

August 1, 2016 at 9:49 p.m.

Old School

We finished today and tore down the scaffold Take a look at the finished product.

https://picasaweb.google.com/crookston.john4/6309871101524258641?authkey=Gv1sRgCMigi8yTy9CXUg#6314036390943352306

July 23, 2016 at 9:30 p.m.

Old School

Oh no, we are certified for scaffolding. Anything over 100 feet I believe has to have an engineers stamp, but we can go up that high no problem....Well, problem getting thing up that high perhaps. There are obviously regulations to follow, but we normally write up a plan and have it to show the OSHA people when they come and they do. I also normally have them come in before we start to build the scaffold and go over the plan with them. For example, it has to be tied back to the building every 3 or 4 sections depending on how high it goes. They want solid planking, but we have shown them that our method with 4 planks and a fully decked section over that with OSB plus the OSB side rails make it much safer than the normal way of doing things. It is over done, but it is very safe and people feel safe up there.

Unless you look over the side, you aren't even aware that you are that high. We have also been working with the scaffold for about 30 years on hundreds of jobs well before it was required. We work safe. It is a part of what we do.

July 23, 2016 at 6:48 a.m.

Old School

We are union carpenters, and have been working with this scaffold for about 30 years. We do a lot of it. On most jobs we work on, we will just scaffold it up and then work within that perimeter. It is a lot easier than using a lot of ropes and such and much safer. I have had them up over 10 frames high which is about 70 feet up. The H frames are very safe, and this type has a lot of different pin settings where we can do almost anything. We have a lot of scaffold.

The OSHA guys love it, and so do the homewners when we are working because I bring them right up on the roof to look at what we are doing.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cotney Consulting Group - Banner Ad - COO On Demand
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad