English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

shingle thieves

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

robert

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091009/ap_on_bi_ge/us_shingle_thefts big business just read about it.

October 11, 2009 at 1:29 p.m.

Old School

If there were no buyers, there would be no thieves. The buyers create the demand, and the thieves fill the demand

October 10, 2009 at 12:07 p.m.

JAC1

sorry about the spelling just woke up Two kinds of people I can't have around me Liars and theives

October 10, 2009 at 12:04 p.m.

JAC1

tWOO KIND OF PEOPLE i CAN'T HAVE AROUND lIARS AND THEIVES

October 10, 2009 at 8:21 a.m.

Old School

Sometimes you just know that the other "roofers" can't do it that cheap. It is a lot easier if you are paying half price for your shingles or nothing at all.

I hate theives, and I also hate those that would knowingly buy from them. If someone offers to sell you shingles for half of what you would pay for them at the supply house, you KNOW that they are stolen. If you buy them, you are an accessory to the crime and you deserve everything that is put on you. If there were no market, there would be no thefts. I have seen a lot of tool thefts, but this is the first that I have heard of shingle thefts on such a scale. Sickening!

October 10, 2009 at 12:27 a.m.

egg

What they say is that the price of oil has come down but the price and availability of asphalt hasn't. That's the new coker plants and the backlog of highway asphalt orders (they say) and I actually have no proof either way but they have been sticking to that story without flinching. Our shingle prices have actually sagged a little. Not a lot.

October 9, 2009 at 11:53 p.m.

OLE Willie

I know its not right by any means but i almost want to say thats what they get for gouging us with the price of materials! :ohmy: The price of oil went down a very long time ago now and they have not budged on the price of shinlges. In my area they stopped going up. But still have not came down any at all which is B.S. ;)

October 9, 2009 at 5:07 p.m.

robert

Shingles prove to be gold mine for thieves Buzz up!64 votes Send Email IM Share Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Twitter Yahoo! Bookmarks Print AP – In a Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2009 photo, Charles Collins, regional operations manager for Bradco Supply … Related Quotes Symbol Price Change ^DJI 9,864.94 +78.07 ^GSPC 1,071.49 +6.01 ^IXIC 2,139.28 +15.35

By ANDRE COE, Associated Press Writer Andre Coe, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 20 mins ago DALLAS – Workers at Bradco Supply Corp. arrived one morning to find someone severed the heavy chain locks on the security fence at the Fort Worth shingle supply warehouse. Inside, empty wooden pallets were splintered and scattered across the floor.

They'd been robbed. Again.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Beacon - Banner Ad - Living the dream summer adventure 2024
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June