User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - Claim Free Consultation - Ad 3
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

shingle conveyor or ladder hoist?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Dr.ROOF

Any of you rockstars use a gizmo like this to get your materials up on the roof when rooftop service isn't available?

May 10, 2016 at 7:32 a.m.

clvr83

Not sure what you guys are talking about. I just put in my order :laugh:

May 9, 2016 at 4:40 p.m.

Old School

If the guys in the picture were bare chested and in briefs with their packages hanging out, perhaps it would make sense. Not that I would buy one either way!

May 9, 2016 at 2:51 p.m.

PatChap

Doesn't look too useful, add a gas engine option and maybe. Electric is more headaches than it would be worth. I don't understand the half naked lady either, little immature.

May 8, 2016 at 9:02 p.m.

Old School

Yeah. What do girls have to do with shingle elevators? I think it is quite inappropriate.

May 8, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.

seen-it-all

She is one of the "elevator girls". Go to the menu setting and there is a gallery. ?????

May 7, 2016 at 9:02 a.m.

Old School

What in the hell is the girl with the bra and skin tight pants doing in the picture?

May 7, 2016 at 12:53 a.m.
April 24, 2016 at 10:13 p.m.

Tropical Roofer

I've got a platform Hoist. I use it daily. Saves my back. It's about 10 years old now.

April 17, 2016 at 10:03 a.m.

Chuck2

I've used and abused ladder hoists over the years. One job in particular comes to mind. I was sub-contracting and had to go pick up the materials in an old flat bed truck with wood side rails. The house had no drive way and was down a fairly steep hill. In a hole so to speak. We put all the connections we had on the ladder hoist, about 40 feet total and built a wooden support in the middle out of 2 x 6. Then instead of running the materials UP the ladder hoist, it was actually downhill to get them onto the roof. We built a wooden trash bin also and ran the trash uphill directly from the roof into the back of the truck. :S

April 15, 2016 at 5:58 p.m.

Old School

A gizmo like what? there is no link

April 14, 2016 at 6:42 p.m.

CIAK

Never used one. Can't see much use for it here Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day. The Houses here are mostly all neatly set in their places nicely developed and easy for the suppliers to load. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Depot - Banner Ad - Supply the whole roofing job
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad