User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Self actualization

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

I reread my " Up " topic and realized just how far I have come in my development as a Human Being . I enjoy my life and most everything around it . Where do you find yourself ?? A definition may be in order .

Common traits amongst people who have reached self-actualization are:

* They embrace reality and facts rather than denying truth. * They are spontaneous. * They are interested in solving problems. * They are accepting of themselves and others and lack prejudice.

This is a definition from Wikipedia for those keeping score .

November 28, 2009 at 5:20 p.m.

CIAK

Religion ( spirit ) and science.... “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” For those keeping score... Albert Einstein . I am creative, an artisan . I listen to my imagination . I draw from that deep deep well many times . Knowledge is very limited. Before time had it's place . Long before the veil was lifted . There exist a very ancient dichotomy between the forces of what we know and what we dream. We are wonderfully made. Our imaginations creative and powerful From the Topic Science vs Religion

November 28, 2009 at 10:59 a.m.

CIAK

A quote : Little by little, through patience and repeated effort, the mind will become stilled in the Self. Bhagavad Gita c. BC 400-, Sanskrit Poem Incorporated Into the Mahabharata B) :) :) B)

November 27, 2009 at 5:56 p.m.

egg

Yeah, that's where I was coming from, but Woody's kind of right too. They asked Bob Dylan back in the beginning why he sang like that and emulated Guthrie when he wasn't part of any great depression and he said, we weren't born into one so we had to make our own. otoh, I don't think if we waited a thousand years we'd ever get to hear decent blues from Barry Manilow or Englebert Humperdink. Maybe I'm just confusing down with depth.

November 27, 2009 at 1:27 p.m.

CIAK

Buddy Guy has a thing or two to say bout the " Blues " I would consider him a expert on the subject ......

Yeah, you're a down and dirty blues man Look-a-here You play blues on blue guitar According to the news man As far as blues goes you a star I'll admit you gettin' down there But I'm down much deeper then you are

Yeah, you sing those songs of sorrow But to me you just don't sound real You say you're down enough to borrow I must be down enough to steal Now the blues ain't what you're singin' The blues is what I feel

You tell me your love light is dimmin' And how your old lady cheats You go backstage with all the women While I go back out on the street Well, you know that you're a winnner And you tell me you were born to lose But please, please, please, don't tell me about the blues

You tell it like you're barefoot And you're wearin' those hondred dollar shoes Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all you wanna But please, please don't tell me about the blues

Yeah, you tell me you a poor man While you flashin' those ruby rings But on a million dollar tour Man, you can flash more than a goddamn thing But it's me who's payin' my dues So please, man, don't tell me about the blues

November 27, 2009 at 9:59 a.m.

wywoody

As much as I hate to disagree with Master philosopher EGG, it's just a cliche' that you have to suffer to play the blues. Look at the early blues of Clapton, Winwood, Hendrix or Elvin Bishop. They weren't really down at that time. The correct phrase is you can't play the blues if you don't know the 3 chord progression.

November 27, 2009 at 9:49 a.m.

CIAK

I find it interesting my thought processes . THE LOVELY MRS CIAK gets a call this morning from the Sicilians . They are planning on coming to the states in April . THE LOVELY MRS CIAK and I are invited to stay with them as they travel . Because I don't think in fear. My thinking automatically goes to how much fun being with them is . I see us laughing as we travel . I see things from the end . Not from the beginning . How to get there with all the problems and why I can't because of yadda yadda . Thinking like this allows me to enjoy . I call this self aculization . Our thinking controls our lives . No excuses

November 26, 2009 at 3:42 p.m.
November 26, 2009 at 3:06 p.m.

egg

I don't know about this up and down question. You can't sing blues if you don't know down. If I were hard-pressed to cast a vote, I'd say it's important to remain a little bit UPpity at all times. The best way to self-actualization is to constantly beat yourself with a big stick. After awhile all you have to do is pretend to reach for it. (j/k) We're very easy to fool when we keep our own counsel. I cleaned all my own mini-blinds by hand a few days ago. It was amazing how as the tedious job progressed my mood improved. I'm choosing to think of it as a metaphor. I'm usually too busy to notice this kind of thing until suddenly I do and my world shifts again. Most enlightenment is more like a slow sunrise than Vegas. My father-in-law, long deceased, had an expression written down on his desk. It went, "Every act is an act of worship." I thought it was a little over the top, but now I'm not so sure. Cleaning my mini-blinds, like nailing on squares of shingles, has influenced my point of view. Hope you all have a good Thanksgiving. All y'all deserve it. We're gonna do just that. The state of the world is only worth so much in any given minute. We're all good.

November 26, 2009 at 11:22 a.m.

Jed

I'm just as bitter and twisted as I ever was.....oh joy

November 26, 2009 at 7:08 a.m.

CIAK

Chucky , I just ran that you tube . Wow , Thanks man . Love it. I get to say the Thanksgiving blessing . I may softly run that as the back ground music at the table . I had a pic taken of me with a movie prop of Chucky , " He's BACK " !!!!!!!!!

B) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: B)

November 26, 2009 at 6:40 a.m.

OLE Willie

I have heard whats "up chuck" "snort snort" so many times it makes me sick! ( Pun Intended ) Back when the movie Childs Play was really poplular I liked the "Chucky's Back" i used to get all the time. lol However that was one ugly and evil little doll. lol

November 25, 2009 at 8:54 p.m.

CIAK

I like " Up chuck " one of my favorite . It is an ice breaker . I know that living in the moment is key to self actualization. Being calm inside , peace . It isn't theory. It is something to be aware of. Ole Willie , I know what dysfunctional family is . My father was an alcoholic. Many days I would come home as a child to my mom crying brothers upset form fighting and yelling . I can't live there in my spirit . It is death to me . I have forgiven him .

November 25, 2009 at 7:20 p.m.

OLE Willie

I wouldn't expect any thing less from a fellow Chuckster! Although i feel my life as a roofer, father of two and husband is very demanding, I also find the quality of life slowly improving as time goes by. Coming from a very poor and dysfunctional family background that is saying more than you may understand! Put this in your browser and mash enter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B56UjiLuWkk

November 25, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.

tinner666

What's up Chuck? Let's just accept what is in front of us. No need to theorize about things. It is what is is, we are what we are. :cheer:

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Adams & Reese - Banner Ad - Christopher Kane - Storm Ready: Insights on Hurricane Preparedness
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar