Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Roofing Estimating Software

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

msshottet

I am a new small company trying to get a good estimating software to give me accurate prices o roof jobs so that i will never underbid a job does any one have any program that works good that they would reccomend and approx. how much does it cost? I see some programs and they are through the roof!! Help!!!>>>

June 3, 2009 at 8:54 a.m.

ottawa_roofer

Hey Jed. i have a disclaimer on all my estimates, extra layers will be an extra, plus i'm not responsible for there satellite dish. Everything will be an extra..>>>

June 1, 2009 at 7:27 a.m.

ottawa_roofer

www.eagleview.com

Try that on for size... :laugh:>>>

May 31, 2009 at 9:33 a.m.

OLE Willie

I have the ability to measure just about any roof in my area from my office with good enough accuracy to make a decent profit off the job even if its underbid somewhat. That all sounds interesting and all that but the fact is it cannot go to a mans home and shake his hand, gain his trust and sell him a roof! So im with the others even though i have this technology. Nothing compares to a pen, paper and calculator doing an on site inspection with the h/o present. Preferably after he gets 1 or 2 other bids so i can leave with the contract signed! ;)>>>

May 29, 2009 at 2:56 p.m.

hatrick

If I am worried about how many nails to buy, my price is way to tight. There is no replacement for tape, pencil, ladder and paper. If your worried about nails, what if you miss a stink pipe. There's almost 5 dollars. Again if you can't miss a $ 5 stink pipe your price is way to tight. Pricing that tight can only lead to underbidding on every job. My least favorite customer comment is" Is that all a roof is. I thought it would be a lot more than that.">>>

May 29, 2009 at 8:06 a.m.

msshottet

thats true but i heard these software can give you evrything down to the amount of nails you need and it is very acccurat, and some even give you a 3 day view of your roof and i think it will make your estimates more presentable>>>

May 29, 2009 at 7:40 a.m.

Terry D

So you are looking for the easy way out? For my money, the best estimating program is a pencil, paper and tape measure. Nothing can guarantee that you never underbid a job. There is always an "oops" factor involved. You just need to become confident in your skills and you will be comfortable with the estimates. Yeah I know I am not striding gracefully into the 21st century and making use of all the technology that is available. That is because I feel the "old way" is much more accurate.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS Roof Hub - Banner Ad - Spring 2024
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad