User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

roof cleaning?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

alan7596

Has anyone ever cleaned shingles with powdered bleach to remove fungus from shingles? If so I was curious of the results.>>>

April 16, 2009 at 2:35 p.m.

CustomRoof

My buddy said he uses oxygenated bleach because it doesn't hurt plants, animals, insects, etc... I've never used it though.>>>

April 13, 2009 at 5:04 p.m.

Rozziroofer

Copper, We charge $350.00 a roof. The only cost is the bleach. I really dont see this as a money maker not enough calls for it. Another issue most new shingles are algae resistant.>>>

April 13, 2009 at 4:51 p.m.

jfreynik

Nobody has any answers to my questions? My thinking was with a bad economy people may be inclined to spend a little on keeping what they have look good. I'm looking to get into this if I think I can make a buck with little overhead.>>>

April 13, 2009 at 5:16 a.m.

jfreynik

Bump>>>

April 10, 2009 at 8:12 a.m.

jfreynik

what kind of money can you get for cleaning a roof? And does it last? Are there products you apply to prevent new growths>>>

April 8, 2009 at 10:23 p.m.

dannybon

the bleach doesn't do very well at all. i use www.roofshampoo.com you can do about 4,000 a day in cleaning with two guys and 60 dollars in material. but getting the work you kinda gotta hustle for. not breaking the bank with it but its a nice addition. we do maintenance on a couple hundred houses this year is the first year we are going back with this system in our company,.......i am curious how many we can get from that....a lot of them are stained>>>

April 6, 2009 at 7:40 p.m.

thebaycompany

I think I saw some sort of an accessory that went with a ridge vent made out of zinc. That was for algae, but acid rain and various mat interactions require different remedies....I like that machine someone had , like a floor buffer/ scrubber .... >>>

April 6, 2009 at 7:29 p.m.

Peter1

Hi,

Take care with the bleach it might damage shrubbery, plants etc.

How about the old copper strip ?>>>

April 6, 2009 at 7:28 p.m.

pgriz

Thanks, Mike. That product could be interesting in dealing with algae buildup on granulated steel roofs. But I'd really like to know what the ingredients are - sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. :huh:>>>

April 6, 2009 at 6:14 p.m.

Rozziroofer

Always want instant....... jobs not done until results show. How could it be easier than a garden hose ?????????? Bleach at hardware store and water ur done and paid. Next job.>>>

April 6, 2009 at 3:35 p.m.

Rozziroofer

Bleach and water mixed up with a garden hose not too much pressure should do you just fine have done it a bunch The algae does damage the shingles check after the cleaning.>>>

April 6, 2009 at 3:29 p.m.

thebaycompany

my concern would be biogradeable and harm to plants below, and asphalt and concrete and decks. Citrus sounds good though>>>

April 6, 2009 at 2:08 p.m.

alan7596

Thanks Jed, recently a few homeowners have asked me I dont know what direction to point them in.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

TheEdge-Bids-Banner
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - You Are Only One Click Away
APOC - CCS Sidebar - ProProgram - June