User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Question ?? TearOff Machine Feedback

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Juni0r8691

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about power tear off machines for commercial roofing. ie - panther or garlock?? must appreciated

March 4, 2010 at 6:29 a.m.

Jed

I remember those days too, but a few yrs back I came across a crew using a cutter and it just makes no sense doing it the hard way anymore.

March 3, 2010 at 11:18 a.m.

Jed

Junior, On the face of it the deal for the panther sounds like a good buy for a machine that only has a weeks work put through it. I am not familiar with the brand though. All our cutters, scarfers etc are Garlock. Put two guys and a cutter on the roof a couple of hours before the usual start time and have them cut 40/50sq- or whatever you figure you can get watertight that day- into manageable chunks so that when the boys do show up they ain't standing around waiting for the tear off to start. The machine to crew size ratio is tough to answer because logistics come into play, such as how far are the dumpsters, are you using carts or bodies carrying debris, are there A/C- steam lines running across the roof that inhibit progress etc. That said I usually go with one man operating the cutter and four to six guys shifting debris. Often, even when cut, fasteners (especially on a lightweight deck) will require tear off shovels to be used.

March 2, 2010 at 8:19 p.m.

Juni0r8691

What brand machines have you found to be worth the money. how much labor savings should i expect. what is the machines to grew size ratio? I found a panther that was built in 2007 owner claims it was used on one job aprox 45 hours, but the tires are pretty worn out. he claims to have paid 8k and is selling for 1750. THOUGHTS?

February 24, 2010 at 1:39 p.m.

Jed

We use them. What do you want to know?

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS - Banner Ad - Spanish Lunch & Learn Series
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
USG - Sidebar - Fire