User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Quality control

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

What is your primary QC tool? A tape mneasure, a AJC hatchet, A gun nailer, a chalk line, the instuctions on the materials, (have we EVER read them)

How do you measure your results?

January 11, 2010 at 1:58 p.m.

Old School

Doggie style? Ouch. It does all start from the top though. I try and lead by example, and if it is only me, then it is pretty easy to do.

January 11, 2010 at 10:59 a.m.

tico

The Roofing God Said:
tico Said: to many guys know how to lay A roof.be it what ever type. the difference is in the boss,owner foreman super.do they manage the build and watch whos screwin the pooch. I can have A good crew and theyll hump your dog til you grab its back legs and give us your version. quality is education modification. make me what you want.convert my ability to your beliefs.should that be to hard for me send me up the road. proactive.
Pretty much what I`m saying,not sure about the humping the dog references-lol
they're gonna do what they know and it may have consequences until you inform them of "proper style". :blush:

January 11, 2010 at 9:22 a.m.

tico

to many guys know how to lay A roof.be it what ever type. the difference is in the boss,owner foreman super.do they manage the build and watch who's screwin the pooch. I can have A good crew and they'll hump your dog til you grab it's back legs and give us your version. quality is education modification. make me what you want.convert my ability to your beliefs.should that be to hard for me send me up the road. proactive.

January 11, 2010 at 7:36 a.m.

Old School

Makes sense to me!

January 10, 2010 at 2:48 p.m.

Old School

If you have only had to remove a "bundle" you aren't giving them much "rope"

January 9, 2010 at 1:00 p.m.

Old School

Mike, I took a ISO standards class about 3 years ago, and I was wondering how to incorporate that into the "installation" segment of the roofing industry. All of the information in the world won't help a roof if it is installed wrong, but at least you would have a way of estabishing what went wrong with some of those details to start with.

RG. That works for sure, but it is kind of a large waste. Much easier to do it right the first time.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos