User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Plastic Bottles Turn to Roofing Materials in Disaster Zones

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

vickie

I wish somebody would explain this to me. This is the second time I've seen it and I don't get it... At at all! How does this work again?

http://www.triplepundit.com/2012/11/nyit-turns-kickstarter-green-technology/

June 13, 2024 at 8:30 a.m.

taylorcurran

using plastic bottles as a roofing material is a creative and resourceful idea, especially in emergency situations and resource-constrained environments. However, it's important to carefully consider the potential drawbacks and ensure that proper safety and quality standards are met 

August 28, 2023 at 2:39 a.m.

salmawisoky

I wish somebody would explain this to me. This is the second time I've seen it and I don't get it... At at all! How does this work again?

http://www.triplepundit.com/2012/11/nyit-turns-kickstarter-green-technology

I want to know opinions of others.

-vickie

August 23, 2023 at 9:35 p.m.

suemoore

http://www.triplepundit.com/2012/11/nyit-turns-kickstarter-green-technology/

-vickie

I also read this topic yesterday. What are your thoughts on using plastic bottles as roofing materials for housing in disaster zones? Do you think it’s a good idea or do you have any concerns? I want to know opinions of others.

August 21, 2023 at 11:30 a.m.

ShirleyReyes

In disaster-prone regions around the world, an innovative solution is emerging as a beacon of hope: plastic bottles are being transformed into roofing materials. This ingenious approach not only addresses the pressing need for affordable shelter in the aftermath of catastrophes but also contributes to mitigating the environmental impact of plastic waste. This eco-friendly endeavor underscores the growing importance of extended producer responsibility, compelling manufacturers to take ownership of the entire lifecycle of their products, from production to disposal. By repurposing plastic bottles into sturdy roofing materials, we witness an inspiring synergy between disaster relief, sustainability, and corporate accountability, offering a glimmer of resilience in the face of adversity.

November 6, 2012 at 2:01 p.m.

Old School

It looks like it will stop about 90 % of the water if it is applied on a 5/12 pr 6/16 pitched roof. A good wind might do a lot of harm too.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WSCRA - Banner - RCS Ticket Giveaway
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June