Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

pitch gauge

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

max

I have always carried with me a pitch gauge to know the pitch of the roof for custom made vents.just yesterday I had one sent up to the roof. This morning I downloaded pitch gauge to my phone works great will never have to buy another one pitch gauge that is, or have one sent up to me I just use my phone way cool

April 4, 2015 at 4:42 p.m.

clvr83

Thanks for the share max. I like this one way more than my last one, which had to be set on the roof.

Now if only they had an app that accurately measures distance. I'd love to have one so I didn't have to measure the horizontal distance of dimensional roofs. The best feature of 3-tab was you could count them easily.

March 24, 2015 at 7:22 a.m.

Chuck2

Never needed a pitch gauge. I can look at most roofs and tell you the pitch. If there's any doubt from just looking, once I step on it, there's no more doubt. ;)

March 23, 2015 at 11:44 a.m.

seen-it-all

UBC campus in Vancouver, BC is planning an 18 story high wood frame tower to be completed in 2017.

March 22, 2015 at 11:16 p.m.

wywoody

Tax or no tax, 5 or 6 stories was just about the limit that you could expect people to climb in pre-elevator times.

March 22, 2015 at 9:27 p.m.

Old School

The question should have read, "how steep is a mansard?" Paris is just full of 5 story buildings with a 6th built into the mansard roof and then a flat roof on top. Like Egg said, there is or was a high tax on anything over 5 stories, but that didn't count the attic space. Never say taxation doesn't[t influence things.

March 20, 2015 at 9:51 a.m.

egg

I'm told there were no taxes in France for attic space and Mansart popularized the use of the design. My french friend, Jean-Claude, asserted this thirty-five years ago when we were visiting there but I can't verify it on Wikipedia this morning so I'm reserving judgement.

March 20, 2015 at 7:10 a.m.

Old School

Oui!

March 19, 2015 at 7:43 p.m.

CIAK

Old School Said: What is a mansard?
It's French.. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

March 19, 2015 at 5:59 p.m.

Old School

What is a mansard?

March 19, 2015 at 3:56 p.m.

max

according to this the steepest roof pitch is a 39.9/12

March 19, 2015 at 1:30 p.m.

CIAK

Nice. Just downloaded Thank you for the tip. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS - Banner Ad - Commercial Distribution Specilaists
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements