User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Pic of the Day pt. 3

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

dennis

Here's a link to an album of all the pics of the chimney I have to offer. My brother did most of the flashing work, or as he likes to say "All the hard stuff", and I came back for the pointing. Although we do most of our work in a similar fashion, he refuses to do it exactly my way.

As for grading, that is quite subjective, and I would only give it a B - B+. But it is ten times better than the original and will outlast not only the existing shingles, if the next roofers have the sense to leave the flashing alone and just install new shingles, it will outlast them as well.

I agree the cricket is not necessary. But to remove it would ensure that there was incomplete roof decking next to the chimney, or missing bricks, etc. Murphy's law.

arrgghhhh

try this link http://www.roofingcontractorreview.com/gallery/Pic+of+the+Day/EuclidHts

December 16, 2009 at 8:24 p.m.

egg

Viewing from above is definitely putting its best foot forward. Thank you for sharing and stimulating the discussion, Dennis.

December 16, 2009 at 6:38 p.m.

tinner666

That mess is comical Dennis. And you know, I've done them in 14" aluminum because that's what the boss called for, and they all worked fine too. Richmond is chock full of chimneys like that. I've had to 'shingle' in chimneys and pipes in the same valley more than once. When I learned how to do them, we didn't have I&W, and felt was optional. Had to be right the first time! :laugh:

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WSRCA - Banner - Western Roofing Expo 2024
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS