User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Pic of the day

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

RoofDude

For your viewing pleasure.....

Ran into this fine specimen last week.

The owner couldn't understand why it leaked. They had paid some guy $500 to stop the leak last year, but it leaked horribly this winter......

April 6, 2015 at 6:00 p.m.

Jack-Legge

seen-it-all Said: That picture is enough to get ol Jack-legg aroused with all that black mammy showing.

ARRRRRRRRRR...AHOY THER...YE BUNCH'AH THA BLACK MAMY HATIN, DO GOODIN SCURVEY DOGGGGGGGS....WELL SHIVER ME TIMBER LINES THER WE SAYSIES FER SHUR...ARRR, WE DO THER FER SHUR. OLE JACK LIKE TA'AH HAD A PIFINEY THER, HE DIT FER SHUR.....OLE SEEN-IT-ALL MEMBERED OLE JACK....BRINGS AH TEAR T'ME OLE ONE EYE PEEPER THER , IT DOES FER SHUR.....YE LADS DO MEMBER BOUT OLE JACK TELLIN YE BOUT ME LOSSIN THA OTHER ONE PEEPER TA THET FLYIN CHALKIN LINE DON'CHE??....BUT ENYWAYS, THET BE AH SUBJEK FER AH'NUTHER DAY THER, IT BE FER SURE. RITE YE BE THER, MISSSSSSTER SEENITALL...OLE JACK'S LEGS GOT THA WEAKININS THER, THEY DID...WHEN I LAID ME GOOD OLE EYE ON THAT THER PIKCHUR OF THAT FINE JOB OF THA SMEARIN.....ER...ARTISCALLY SPREDIN OF THA BLACK GOLD ON THAT RUEFFIN RIP OFF....ER....FINE EXAMPLE OF THA FIXIN UV THA RUEFFIN THER......ARRRRRRR..MAKES OLE JACK PROUD TA SEE SUCH'AH THA ARTISTICAL ART WURK......ARRRRR ..IT DOES FER SURRRRRRRRR... WELPERS....OLE JACK MUS TAKE LEEVE UV YE FINE KUMPANY FER AH SPELL THERE LADS...ME TINKS ME HEERS THA LOKAL MAGISTRATE AH'KNOCKIN AT ME BACK DOOR....JUS MEMBER LADS ....OLE JACK BE IN THA CROWS NEST AH'KEEPIN AH SHARP EYE OUT FOR YE LADS...

YOHOHO AN AH BUCKET UV THA BLACK!!!!!!ARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

March 15, 2015 at 5:25 p.m.

Old School

Good grunt!

March 15, 2015 at 5:01 p.m.

wywoody

Did they get some good tobacky stains on the ceiling? Usually after water has fought its way through something like that, it leaves something to be remembered.

If that didn't work, then maybe I shouldn't replace the bottom of my boat with a screen door and smear mammy on it.

March 15, 2015 at 12:28 p.m.

CIAK

Someone mentioned in an other post comment " Goopenhope " B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

March 15, 2015 at 9:24 a.m.

tinner666

Lot of these around here too. Good money fixing that gooey mess too.

March 15, 2015 at 9:12 a.m.

clvr83

Metal lapped backwards, that's a huge thing around here. I know there are guys out there saying "Clover Roofing puts thar metal on backwards, uh hyup"

March 15, 2015 at 8:59 a.m.

RoofDude

clvr83 Said: Right, that black mammy does look new. I hate to admit it but sometimes I think wow water really got through that?

Im picturing somebody at the store. Which of these products do we need? Lets try all five! It might have worked if the flex seal didnt run out half way through.

LOL... I thought the same thing about "flex seal".

Pictures don't show it very well but, the panels are actually lapped backwards too.

The shingle slope is 4/12, with the metal portion coming in a 1.5/12

Originally, it was a roof over a deck. The metal was installed by the owners late husband. She wanted metal on it because, she likes the sound of rain hitting the metal, finds it relaxing... A couple years ago, she paid a guy decent money to enclose the porch into a "sun room". Is actually pretty nice on the inside. Full of big windows, & probably 60 birds in cages, singing their feathers off.

Last fall she paid a guy $500 to stop the leak which, as you might imagine, comes in pretty good at the transition. It worked, until the next rain.....

March 15, 2015 at 8:27 a.m.

clvr83

Right, that black mammy does look new. I hate to admit it but sometimes I think "wow water really got through that?"

I'm picturing somebody at the store. "Which of these products do we need? Let's try all five!" It might have worked if the flex seal didn't run out half way through.

Product comparisons are very important.

March 15, 2015 at 1:14 a.m.

Chuck2

I see this kind of crap all the time but it's usually flat metal and not that hard to fix. Normally I would just install modified across the length where the metal and shingle roofs meet but in this case it appears the whole metal roof needs to come off, be extended up even with the shingle roof and then the whole low slope be redone with modified.

March 14, 2015 at 9:47 p.m.

seen-it-all

That picture is enough to get ol Jack-legg aroused with all that black mammy showing.

March 14, 2015 at 9:04 p.m.

clvr83

Yea I've noticed that you can put that pole barn metal on almost any pitch these days.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad