User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
USG - Sidebar - Wind
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Payroll Tracking

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Chipper1

What are you all using for payroll reporting? Written Time Cards? Job Clocks? Computer Software?

We are trying to find a method for doing payroll as we've always used written time cards but it kills us when it comes to reports. We have occupational taxes that are due in every town we work in so we have to track where our men were and then report their town in each city or county. We also have different task codes we have to turn in for Work Comp. We may be working inside a building, fabricating metal in shop, delivering materials, caulking windows, roof work, etc. We have to report each task with our payroll. Just seems like there has to be an easier way for the info to be put in the computer one time and then pull reports from there. Any suggestions? We are only talking about 5 to 10 employees but it can be a challenging task on top of other duties.

April 21, 2015 at 11:27 a.m.

grumpy

Slightly off topic... In a situation right now where the GC says my roofers were on site half a day. Their time sheet shows 9.5 hours for that day. Normally trucks are outfitted with GPS devices that not only give driving directions but transmit GPS locations, so in this instance it is easy to see who was where. However truck is new, a few months old, and the GPS's never got installed.

The point I am making is any of the computerized clocks, or clocks on the trucks are kind of only semi better than paper without some kind of GPS tracking IMO.

April 17, 2015 at 4:32 p.m.

Lefty1

We use both styles. Time clocks and keys - smartphone app. Office uses the time clock and the guys who ride alone in the dump trucks use the clocks.

April 17, 2015 at 10:12 a.m.

Chipper1

Do you all use the smartphone type system or use the little clocks and keys?

Seems like the phone version may be pretty simple. One phone per crew and guys just tap/log in and out, tap in activity and tap in job/location.

March 7, 2015 at 12:36 a.m.

Lefty1

I am not sure if that is the same company. Same systems though. I will find out from Jesse who we use.

March 6, 2015 at 8:41 p.m.

Mike H

http://www.exaktime.com/

I think its the same system Lefty uses.

March 6, 2015 at 4:56 p.m.

Lefty1

We use time clocks everyone has their own key to punch in with. There is a time clock in every truck. This gets downloaded into the computer.

We also have some foremans using a time clock on their phone. This gets sent to the software.

March 5, 2015 at 8:40 a.m.

wywoody

We got audited a couple of years ago by our WC carrier (the state of WA). We had been breaking down our rates by task for decades. The result of the audit was we were told you can only assign one task to a worker for any day. So now if a worker gets in early, he is sent home and we have to save shop work until we have a full "shop day" worth of work.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Depot - Banner Ad - Supply the whole roofing job
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad