User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Painter drove nails through roof shingles

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

mariopoli

I had my house painted. The painter secured new facia boards by driving 4 inch nails through the roof shingles. If I do not fix this eventualy the plywood under the shigles will rot. What is the correct fix for this?

September 18, 2023 at 1:38 a.m.

Fasliopr

One of the most frustrating and inconvenient situations that can arise while you're working on your home is when your contractor mistakenly hammers nails into your roof shingles before they have dried. I recommend inspecting glass balconies and gathering additional details about the painters. This can potentially lead to roof damage. Fortunately, you can learn how to spot these white-painted nails and prevent them from penetrating your roof.

March 22, 2023 at 2:08 a.m.

DavidWigfall

thanks

March 22, 2023 at 2:07 a.m.

DavidWigfall

One of the most annoying and uncomfortable things to occur when you are working on your home is when your contractor drives nails into your roof shingles while they are still wet. I say you can check glass juliette balconies and learn more information about the painters. This can easily cause damage to the roof. Luckily, you can find out how to identify those nails painted white and stop them from driving themselves through the roof.

December 21, 2016 at 11:09 p.m.

mariopoli

Vaa Fakaosifolau Said: Why on earth would you put a facia over shingles? Unless its a 2 storey or a dormer and the fascia overlaps the roof below. Photos would help understand what you are saying.

December 20, 2016 at 11:55 p.m.

egg

Probably not four inch. Probably three and a half inch 16d. ;) I'm curious. The most likely scenario as you seem to indicate is barge rafter below & flush with the plywood and new fascia covering the existing barge, otherwise the raw plywood edge would be showing above the new fascia.

If the edge of the plywood is showing, you need metal nosing or a shingle mould. That's going to require some serious work now.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sherwin-Williams - Banner Ad - Roofing Passport
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick - June