User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Owner Shares Sales history

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Baltimore Roofer

I lost a prospective roofing sales job! Why you ask, We'll the owner set sale quotas for his new salesman. They seemed a little high to the new salesman. He politely asked to see the monthly sales history for the last three years. The owner was insulted. Said to the new salesman, "it is none of your business". The salesman only wanted to verify the sales history. Was her wrong or right in his inquiry, and do you think the owner over reacted or may have been trying to hide something?

February 14, 2010 at 8:04 p.m.

roofrite

Where you located carribbean ?

February 13, 2010 at 6:49 p.m.

Old School

Way more work than I would want to do. Be careful about your bragging. It will tend to catch up with you!

February 13, 2010 at 6:07 p.m.

carribbeandreams2004

GO hire some Mexicans and put that asshole out of business if he wants to rip you off. Or go work for an honest company. Shit I got shoved into starting my own business because too many roofers ripped me off. Now I am kicking their asses. I have an awesome marketing plan that is working very well. I am working a 10 month old hail storm that is being constantly worked be a large number of unemployed General Contractors that are now roofers. I still made 5 sales in 10 days and the weather has SUCKED. During the past 10 days I only was able to get on 6 roofs due to rain, snow, etc.... So I think that for only 2 days of work I am doing damn good. I am also about to land a 3,000 square comp shingle apartment roof job.

January 31, 2010 at 12:06 a.m.

OLE Willie

Well, Im an owner and i think it was a legitimate request. I was riding my salesman pretty hard about getting more sales for quite some time until i went back and looked at the averages for previous years and he was pretty much on target already. So i backed off. lol

January 29, 2010 at 7:59 p.m.

Old School

If he was trying to hide "something"; It worked!

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS Roof Hub - Banner Ad - Spring 2024
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June