User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

OT.......What would you have done?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

RandyB1986

We have a little Express mart in town that the local Pakistanis operate. I am in this place 2-3 times a day. The other day gas was $2.78 a gallon. I noticed on the pump someone bought $2 worth of gas then noticed it was 8-9 gallons. The price had been set wrong on pump.....they were charging .278 per gallon :S

Would you filler up or tell??

December 12, 2009 at 8:47 a.m.

kage

I would tell them,yesterday was writing up an invoice forgot what i charged the customer so i look at my quote i gave them,turns out i made a mistake and charged them a re-roof price and it was a new construction job,and it felt good just being honest,but i must admit they were pretty surprised(and thankful)that i actually said something...go figure..

December 12, 2009 at 8:32 a.m.

CIAK

I'll answer with what I've done in the past with my own life. A customer of mine made the mistake of being talked into a quick fix on her roof. Had it painted . When it failed she was in a pinch . Because I believe in community I did the roof for cost . Another friend had a weather vain on his roof that when removed just made a hole in the sky over his house . He wasn't home when I fixed it . He calls asks how much ? It was worth just seeing his house whole again . We parted good friends . Be a " right " force in your communities . Do the right thing " boys "

December 12, 2009 at 7:33 a.m.

wywoody

If it was a Citgo, I'd be tempted, just thinking I was getting back at Hugo Chavez. But when I realized it probably wasn't reaching back far enough to hurt Hugo, I'd tell the Pockistonnys. (that spelling proves I speak Obama lingo)

December 12, 2009 at 7:04 a.m.

tinner666

Yeah, I would have told.

December 11, 2009 at 10:16 p.m.

RandyB1986

Well...I started to fill my truck up, go home get my other truck and call my daughter and all our friends and tell them to fill up while cheap, but man I felt bad for the guy at the station.

I dont know who made the pricing mistake, the owner or the young guy who works the station....but I do know someone took advantage of the situation on all 4 pumps. After I seen the mistake on the 1 pump I checked the other 3 pumps and they had all been hit hard. 1 of them had 58 gallons of premium fuel for like $15!! The other one had 38 gallons for less than $10.....if them pumps were like that for very long they lost a lot of $$$.

As hard as times are I just couldnt do it....he is trying to make a legal living like the rest of us. I have never liked people who steal....and even though technically this wouldnt have been "stealing", it would bother me.

I told him his premium price was messed up and he about died....he had no clue :woohoo:

December 11, 2009 at 5:53 p.m.

OLE Willie

I was playing poker a few weeks ago at a poker room and when i cashed out my chips they gave me $100 too much. I tried to hand the hundered dollar bill to the guy but he just looked at me like he was befuddled. Maybe he thought i was tipping him a hundered bucks and was in shock. lol I dunno. But i told him he had overpaid me and that there were some guys there that would take advantage of his mistake but im not one of them. Ive been back there a few times since and all the employees have been super nice to me. ( They hardly noticed me before ) Im sure eveyone knows what happened. Would you want to live with knowing you took advantage of them every time you walk in that store 2-3 times daily?

December 11, 2009 at 3:18 p.m.

Jed

I'd let them know, how could you not.....

Tell you what though, I heard on the news the other day that old feel good story of somebody finding a big ol pile of cash in a suitcase, and handing it in. Now THAT deal.....with anonomnity on all sides, that'd be a different matter.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23