User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Olympic Tall Boy question

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

fws3

I'm looking at a Milwaukee powered Olympic Tall Boy supposed to fasten plates on rubber roofing. Does anyone use these drill/drivers. A friend bought 2 of them from an outfit going out of business 2 years ago and hasn't used them. He retired and wants to part with them. My question is: are they worth looking into or are they useless. Thanks

February 26, 2010 at 7:07 a.m.

Old School

The ones my brother used were more for drywall or wood. The scrrews were in a coil and they zipped them right in very quickly. A nice tool. The ones that would do a deck screw for an insulation plate are probably different. Never used one of them.

February 25, 2010 at 12:52 p.m.

roofrat

We use Dewalt "stand up" drills,they are a back saver thats for sure.I havent seen a milwaukee stand up in a while,but many moons ago when we used them i remember that they were super powerful.Some types of stand ups require you to drop a screw into the barrel,I found they jam up to much (most likely from "did i drop a screw into it already?)If you plan on laying vast amounts of roof in a work day then sure they save time and money,but 10 square or less i wouldnt waste your time.If your pal wants to part with them,test them out for a job or two before you buy them,see what you think,good luck

February 24, 2010 at 9:01 p.m.

Old School

My brother used some of the stand up drills and they are great. A real time saver. He was screwing down OSB on a deck, but he had about 50,000 screws to run. The only way to go.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

METALCON - Banner - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO