User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

old roofers graveyard

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

upchurch

were do roofers go when our backs are broke and our knees crack and snap.when it even hurts to have our grandkids set upon our lap.young guys who think they know it all,we just shake our heads.if you had done this as long as me punk!youd already be dead.its not the glory their is no fame or money.we die with empty pockets and thats a crying shame sonny.we work to hard to earn a card,that ensures a lifetime of labor.truth be told most folks dont even want us for a neighbor.the g.m crowd they talk real loud and most can never see.most winters were lucky if we can buy a cup of tea.but after twenty years your stuck.in a rutt,and their is no way out.so strap on your brace.shave your sun wrinkled face.your coming to the end of your roofing race. bill upchurch 3rd generation journeymen roofer.

April 13, 2015 at 12:02 p.m.

Chuck2

Old roofers never die, they just don't get on top anymore! :laugh:

April 12, 2015 at 8:51 a.m.

wywoody

Put those words to a blues progression and you've got a song, Upchurch. Although they're too pessimistic to apply to me. Sure it takes me five or six steps in the morning to straighten out my back, but most days after that, I remain upright.

My whole career I've adjusted to fit the conditions I found myself in and now I'm doing what an old roofer can do and struggle to meet demand. But I've never felt like I was in a rut. I've always worked all winter. I've got 2 more house payments and it's all mine. Life is good.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SOPREMA -   Banner Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand) New Design
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
Maven Group SIdebar Ad