User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Not able to read all replies?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

crazy jerry1

I am logged on, the forum states that bdub made the last posts on the -No registration- topic (Sunday 9.57 pm), but I see egg's post (Sunday 12.58 pm) as the last one that comes up when I click on posts. I also only see bdub's post as a quote. (I did not see the original post, just the "quote") I am using a desktop w/ windows 7.

June 17, 2015 at 6:43 a.m.

clvr83

I meant only the best with my last comment. I like bdub a lot, but I'd be surprised if I'm picking up everything he is putting down. Written word is up to the readers interpretation, especially with conceptual information.

June 16, 2015 at 5:32 p.m.

egg

"...He couldn't keep that kind of truth in written text for just anybody to consume at their whim...."

I'll gladly accept that on face value as everybody has to be free to go down the road, etc.

Other than general principles, though, I support the notion that if it's worth saying, then say it, and if you don't want it remembered, then don't say it in the first place.

There was a lot of truth in it, and fun, but I'm actually more inclined to nominate it for the 2015 cognac award than to work and stretch in order to justify its erasure.

jmho and, yes, I have lived in a glass house. Been there and done that same thing myself. Many times. Thankfully, those days for me are long passed, but I wouldn't take them back. They are an integral part of my real-life, hands-on experience.

June 16, 2015 at 6:53 a.m.

clvr83

:laugh:

He couldn't keep that kind of truth in written text for just anybody to consume at their whim.

I read it, enjoyed it, but would rather have heard it in person. I might ask a question here and there, although I try not to interrupt a good rant.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

APOC - Banner - 3x Points - June
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad