User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Next Time

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

The next time we find ourselves beaching and complaining let's keep this in mind . From Refdesk , for those who are keeping score ......... THOUGHT OF THE DAY: "Character - the willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life - is the source from which self-respect springs. - Joan Didion Our character is the only thing we take with us when we die . We are the engineer's of our lives .>>>

August 9, 2009 at 8:12 p.m.

CIAK

Old School How did you come to recognize that it's a choice? Living and growing up in a generation that stated it is all about feelings , That is really profound man . Would you share how you came about this ?>>>

August 9, 2009 at 7:25 p.m.

Old School

Men "cope" and "tolerate" No matter what, it is still a choice.

Think of everything that has to go right to make it possible for you to have a cup of coffee first thing in the morning! It has to be grown and picked and roasted and ground and transported. When it gets to this country, it has to be stocked and you have to able to buy it too. Then, you have to have a coffee maker to make it plus the power to run it. An amazing thing this economy!

That is just one thing too. We take so many things for granted it is not funny. I choose to be grateful and to be happy. We are all truely blessed. It could be so much worse!>>>

August 5, 2009 at 6:07 p.m.

CIAK

Wow, Old School good choice . It is a choice isn't it . It is not based on feelings . I listen to Dennis Prager alot. He has a happiness hour . He equates the choice to be happy with putting deodorant on and showering. It is natural to smell and be dirty . It doesn't help being in a world that isn't . It is natural to be all over the emotional map . It is a choice not to be . It makes for a better world . It is well worth tuning in .>>>

August 5, 2009 at 4:47 p.m.

Old School

I am not sure if my wife is more miserable than I am or vice versa. I am sure that I am not a prize. I am stable though, and I do work and I don't run around on her..never would. I married up you see. I think that ALL of us are flakes in our own way.

Life is about the journey and not the destination. We can all be argry about what could be and forget about what is. Mostly in my opinion, it is about choice, What do we choose to be or how do we choose to react. How we choose to react makes all of the difference!

I choose to be happy!>>>

August 5, 2009 at 4:32 p.m.

CIAK

Terry Said: Holy Crap! Do you EVER lighten up? Seems to me that you over analyze to the point of paranoia!

I have never attacked you. In fact, I rarely respond to your posts because of the way you tend to attempt to demean and degrade a lot of what anyone has to say that does not directly correspond with your mindset.

As for looking at my miserable self, I dont have a miserable self. Yes, life has dealt me some crappy hands lately but I take it with a grain of salt and offer assistance when and where I can, no matter how small. I am not ashamed of being a bitch, in fact I take delight when someone says their wife is a bitch and I hear my husband respond Yeah, well, I married her queen!

And yes, I did post the previous comment with the intent and thought to be CLEVER but I guess my attempt failed in your eyes. For this I humbly apologize that I was unable to bring even a minor smile to your day.

Lighten up man - get off your high horse and join the rest of us who have our feet on the ground or roof (so to speak). Do not take it so personally when you are disagreed with.

Oh yeah, one more thing, Most women secretly hold resentment and judgement against men. Im not even sure they or I understand it totally. Maybe the statistic you are referencing was taken from a survey of lesbians who had been married to abusers but to use the word MOST is absurd. Maybe you meant to say MANY? or SOME? I have never in my life been approached to give my opinion in any of these surveys and no one I know has either.

OK, CIAK, go ahead and blast me. I dont really care. I will sit here later and read what you have spouted and be happy that you feel good about yourself. This way I can join the ever increasing clan who have been trampled by you.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Terry I'm not surprised at your reaction. I don't apologize for what was said. As a confession , because I think something doesn't mean it must be universal truth. I am able to see a broader spectrum of ideas . I sincerely understand that other people also have insights. I was attempting to portray " The miserable self " not just you . I have to deal with it along with everyone else whether it is admitted or not . I did warn you my reply was going to be sub-Nietzschean assertive . I have been married to THE LOVELY MRS CIAK for 33yrs . One thing I know for sure . Women fart , burp , snore , belch and bitch. :laugh: :laugh: B)>>>

August 5, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.

Terry D

Holy Crap! Do you EVER lighten up? Seems to me that you over analyze to the point of paranoia!

I have never attacked you. In fact, I rarely respond to your posts because of the way you tend to attempt to demean and degrade a lot of what anyone has to say that does not directly correspond with your mindset.

As for looking at my "miserable self", I don't have a miserable self. Yes, life has dealt me some crappy hands lately but I take it with a grain of salt and offer assistance when and where I can, no matter how small. I am not ashamed of being a bitch, in fact I take delight when someone says their wife is a bitch and I hear my husband respond "Yeah, well, I married her queen!"

And yes, I did post the previous comment with the intent and thought to be CLEVER but I guess my attempt failed in your eyes. For this I humbly apologize that I was unable to bring even a minor smile to your day.

Lighten up man - get off your high horse and join the rest of us who have our feet on the ground or roof (so to speak). Do not take it so personally when you are disagreed with.

Oh yeah, one more thing, "Most women secretly hold resentment and judgement against men. I'm not even sure they or I understand it totally." Maybe the statistic you are referencing was taken from a survey of lesbians who had been married to abusers but to use the word MOST is absurd. Maybe you meant to say MANY? or SOME? I have never in my life been approached to give my opinion in any of these surveys and no one I know has either.

OK, CIAK, go ahead and blast me. I don't really care. I will sit here later and read what you have spouted and be happy that you feel good about yourself. This way I can join the ever increasing clan who have been trampled by you.

Have a Wonderful Day!>>>

August 5, 2009 at 11:33 a.m.

CIAK

Terry No . It only reinforces it. Most women secretly hold resentment and judgement against men. I'm not even sure they or I understand it totally. I'm going to come at this with sub-Nietzschean assertiveness. The truth is hard to swallow and it is just how things are . In my best " Walter Cronkite " and that's the way it is August 05 2009 ....... You have to look at your own miserable self. Bitching is a self evident diagnosis Are you aware that if the world was perfect, nobody could stand themselves. We all need someone to hate, to divert away from push and hide our own guilt.RM As witnessed here . Some of the posters try to corner me and find fault with how I present my points of view . It is so obvious yet it can't be seen from where it originates . It is thought of as being cleaver etc . The idea of injustice is another form of this bitching ;) ;) IMO These are not just my thoughts , many many others have the same opinions>>>

August 5, 2009 at 10:45 a.m.

Terry D

Sorry Ciak --- Women do not belch, burp, fart or snore, therefore, we MUST bitch or we will blow up!

Shatters your theory, don't it now? :P>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SOPREMA -   Banner Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand) New Design
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - You Are Only One Click Away