User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

New Low.

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Jed

New construction, new low price here in Baton Rouge. $14 a sq 7/12, six nail architecturals.

How low can you go?>>>

August 4, 2009 at 1:56 p.m.

Miscreant

Yeah that would work. Anything after 89 square a day is puuuuuure profit.

.>>>

August 4, 2009 at 11:56 a.m.

2ndgen

soldierboy Said:
Jed Said: New construction, new low price here in Baton Rouge. $14 a sq 7/12, six nail architecturals.

How low can you go?

Just left a homeowners house, getting some lunch in the truck.

Been a lurker and posted just a few times.

Went out of the norm this morning as this was a easy job. Ill give the material list 4/12 2 layers. 25 Square CertainTeed Landmark 30AR 154 ft. The Edge Vent 77 Air Vents shingle over ridge vent 3.5 rolls of ice guard CertainTee 5 Rolls CertainTeed roofers Select 3 boxes A-11 felt staples 1.25 boxes 1 1/4 Coil Nails 5 pounds of 2 inch hand nails for caps 1 pack oversized roofing tins 2 chimneys need flashed 10 valley metal 320 white drip edge 3 bundles accesory caps My bid was at 8,448.00 with the CertainTeed 20-year 5-star warranty on workmanship etc.

Other bids that she told me ranged from $4,500.00 - 6,900.00.

WOW even with no overhead figured in I was above $4,500.00 before paying uncle sam a dime!

Now, I did give her the options to take off the 20-year warranty, and the The Edge vent. That brought her price down to $7,375.00. To me this is even a ridiculously low price with the square price average at $295.00. I have not turned in a bid that low in a year. How can peole go this low? And Survive?

:(

And that's why I'm not working today...if I'm going to be pennyless, I might as well not work at being pennyless.

25 sq without all those accessories should be $7500.

This is the hardest times I've seen in my lifetime.

When I gave my price to some rich lady, she complained that I was making too much on the job ($200./day profit).

I told her that I'd like to live in a nice house like her too someday.

Some people just boggle me.

But, it's fun to see them get screwed afterwards!

:P>>>

August 4, 2009 at 11:31 a.m.

soldierboy

Jed Said: New construction, new low price here in Baton Rouge. $14 a sq 7/12, six nail architecturals.

How low can you go?

Just left a homeowner's house, getting some lunch in the truck.

Been a lurker and posted just a few times.

Went out of the norm this morning as this was a easy job. I'll give the material list 4/12 2 layers. 25 Square CertainTeed Landmark 30AR 154 ft. The Edge Vent 77' Air Vents shingle over ridge vent 3.5 rolls of ice guard CertainTee 5 Rolls CertainTeed roofers Select 3 boxes A-11 felt staples 1.25 boxes 1 1/4 Coil Nails 5 pounds of 2 inch hand nails for caps 1 pack oversized roofing tins 2 chimney's need flashed 10' valley metal 320' white drip edge 3 bundles accesory caps My bid was at 8,448.00 with the CertainTeed 20-year 5-star warranty on workmanship etc.

Other bids that she told me ranged from $4,500.00 - 6,900.00.

WOW even with no overhead figured in I was above $4,500.00 before paying uncle sam a dime!

Now, I did give her the options to take off the 20-year warranty, and the The Edge vent. That brought her price down to $7,375.00. To me this is even a ridiculously low price with the square price average at $295.00. I have not turned in a bid that low in a year. How can peole go this low? And Survive?

:(>>>

August 4, 2009 at 10:32 a.m.

Terry D

OOOHHHH... labor only? Well then, I can underbid that by $1.28! Silly me! :S>>>

August 4, 2009 at 8:56 a.m.

Jed

Aw c'mon Terry....that's labor only :laugh:>>>

August 4, 2009 at 8:54 a.m.

Terry D

We can't even justify starting a truck for $14 a square. That barely covers minimum wage and mandatory taxes. At that rate we would be paying the customer to put their roof on. >>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style