User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - You Are Only One Click Away
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Need some advice on a flat roof

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

madmike

I'm going to be starting a flat re-roof, tearing off torch-down and going back with the same using a three ply system. The roof is to big for me and my crew to finish in a day and was wondering what is the best way to seal the new with the old over night in case of rain.>>>

July 16, 2009 at 8:42 p.m.

Robby the Roofer

I think "Spudder" had the right method....If the roof is too large to tear-off and weather tight in one day, then do what you can, base and apply inner membrane and burn over the old roof to seal over night. If you are forced to work this method watch out how your seams are installed, try to keep them uniformed as they may show through the cap...I'm basically saying what "Vaa" said, just in a different way. Plan it out first.

I wouldn't start the cap installation until the entire inner membrane is applied.>>>

July 16, 2009 at 12:45 p.m.

madmike

Thanks Jed, that is what i had in mind ...just wanted a second opinion. B)>>>

July 16, 2009 at 12:44 p.m.

madmike

Mike H Said:
madmike Said: tearing off torch-down and going back with the same ......... was wondering what is the best way to seal the new with the old over night in case of rain.

What?????

Torch the new to the old. It dont get any more compatable or simpler than that. Or am I missing something here?

Not missing anything here, just havnt done a job like this before...thanks for your helpful input>>>

July 16, 2009 at 8:07 a.m.

Spudder

Good Boy tear it off, as Jed said just tear off what you can do in one day, now if your using a base, a modified inter ply and then a cap sheet Can u tear it all off and dryin the base then torch the inter ply to the entire deck, when you come back torch the cap. other wise do as Jed suggested>>>

July 16, 2009 at 7:46 a.m.

Mike H

madmike Said: tearing off torch-down and going back with the same ......... was wondering what is the best way to seal the new with the old over night in case of rain.

What?????

Torch the new to the old. It don't get any more compatable or simpler than that. Or am I missing something here?>>>

July 16, 2009 at 7:44 a.m.

Jed

.........rip only what you can cover with one ply and use a tie in......oh, wait your asking How to tie in? Just burn down to the old a minimum of six inches, failing that, cement and membrane.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tremco - Baner Ad - Safety First: Tremco
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif