User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Need Help With Laminate Dome Roof

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

The Roof Company

Looking for someone to offer me advice via e-mail concerning the tear-off and installation of a laminate dome roof. I have never done one before and have the job if I'm confident I can do it properly. I'm very interested and up for the challenge. Need advice with measuring to proper application. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Chad Hawkins theroofcompany@yahoo.com>>>

August 26, 2009 at 8:49 p.m.

The Roof Company

thanks for the reply guys...i will be following up with the folks offering advice soon.

regards, chad hawkins the roof company>>>

August 26, 2009 at 6:13 p.m.

Robby the Roofer

Thanks "tinner666", I was bass-ackwards on that one...I edited and corrected my post. Tough to visualize it when you don't have a pic to reference.>>>

August 25, 2009 at 7:20 p.m.

tinner666

Actually, you start on the ones (Plural)that have pointy tops.

http://rcs.si-sv2628.com/show_album_photo.asp?userid=30&AlbumID=108&file=764&s=0 You can e-mail and I'll see what other pics I can scan.>>>

August 25, 2009 at 5:27 p.m.

Robby the Roofer

[[[[[Looking for someone to offer me advice via e-mail concerning the tear-off and installation of a laminate dome roof. I have never done one before and have the job if I'm confident I can do it properly. I'm very interested and up for the challenge. Need advice with measuring to proper application. Any help would be appreciated.]]]]]

I have completed one last year....Key thing to remember is that water runs down hill (Not a pun!) It is easy to get carried away and before you know it, you relize your going to buck water and have to rip it up.

Start with the lower triange that comes to a point at the top...Now work yourself from right to left then up again on each triange. The triangles that over-lap the lower triange...use a strip of starter and over hang no more than a 1/2 inch, then install the laminates cnd cut excess off at the same angle as the starter....and use the same method as you work your way around the geodesic dome.

If you have another question...rsvp here! >>>

August 22, 2009 at 9:34 a.m.

egg

If I'm not mistaken, tinner, lefty, troop, twill, and pgriz, at the very least, have done at least one each. I know tinner posted pics of his, and I distinctly remember lefty posting a couple pics of his. I posted pics a few years back when coffeeshop frank was still here. That one was cedar shakes, though. I finished another shake one about six or eight weeks ago and a comp one earlier in the year.

Chad, if you want a private discourse, you can email me and I imagine I can help you. I have done all types of them, beginning in the late seventies, somewhere in the vicinity of 150 of them over the years. To my knowledge, none of them leak. My treatment of them evolved in the earlier years until I had things down cold, as they say. In the later years, I have taken everything I do up to a bit higher level of sophistication, but if you have the basics and enough patience you can do them so they last without driving yourself crazy with anxiety.

(good one, woody. I'm impressed. you have a way with words, a unique turn of mind, style, savvy, the woiks. "geodome eldergnome"...quite a ring to it lol)>>>

August 21, 2009 at 9:22 p.m.

clublaugh

I think that was tinner?>>>

August 21, 2009 at 8:11 p.m.

Old School

Was it EGG that whowed pictures of a Geodesic dome that he roofed a few years back? Very impressive, lots of detail work and cutting.>>>

August 21, 2009 at 7:27 p.m.

wywoody

Wow, EGG's our official geodome eldergnome. I think we have a match here.>>>

August 21, 2009 at 5:53 p.m.

The Roof Company

Geodesic and Comp Shingles. This is a home situation.>>>

August 21, 2009 at 12:02 a.m.

egg

When you say 'dome' what exactly do you mean by dome? Capitol dome or geodesic dome? When you say 'laminate' are you referring to laminated composition shingles?>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Johns Manville - TPO- Banner ad
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar