User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - Claim Free Consultation - Ad 3
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

NEED HELP GETTING RID OF COLD APPLIED ADHESIVE SMELLL!!!!

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Jackson

Installed a cold applied SBS roof on a 1 story, single family home - basically a square box with pretty bad ventilation to begin with - the customer complained about the smell of fumes from the adhesive. The roof is about 16 squares - we put in a couple of 12" inch mushroom vents - still no help. Tomorrow we're installing two turbine vents, hoping that'll work. The job is almost 3 months old now and I can't believe the odor is STILL there but it is! Has anybody been through this before and can anybody give me any ideas on what to do?

April 13, 2010 at 3:56 p.m.

dutchboy6804

Be sure the glue didn't run into the attic around the vent pipes.

March 10, 2010 at 6:27 a.m.

OLE Willie

The first time i ever got a complaint about that was a couple months after we put the same product on a small commercial building. I think it was a tire store. I told them not to worry the smell will go away. They called back a week later saying the same thing. Once again i told them it will go away saying it will lessen more and more then finally go away. Haven't heard from them since and its been 8 years. So i guess it indeed did go away. lol Other than that i don't know what to tell ya except maybe to tell your customer to get a truck load full of Glade Plus Ins. lol

March 9, 2010 at 5:52 p.m.

Jack-Legge

Arrrrrr, well shiver me timberlines ther, we says for shorrrrrrre...Ole Jack be bacccccck.... en frum tha looks ah tha sicheeashun he be jus in time ta hep this po laddie for shore. Have ye missed me lads, we be ah'askin???? Welllllllll..ARRRRRRRRR..let me tell ye, ye dont wont that 25th DUI, ye dont for shorrrrrrrrre. They jus be a short time past ah'lettin Ole Jack hit tha streets agin, they did for shorrrre. An let Ole Jack tell ye, they don't got no innernet in thet place, sose ole Jack aint been much able ta keep tha eye on you laddies ta hep ye out in theees heer predickeyments ye be alaways ah'gittin yesefs into ther, we says, that we doooooooooo..welllllllll enyways Ole Jack most probably ah'better be ah'givin ol Jackson tha answer fer his most dabilataytin predickament that he be in......whyyyyyyyyy..Ole Jack went rite thru one'ah them sircumsisims ther, once upon ah time once ther, he did fer sher......all ye gots ta do ther laddie, is go out into tha woods ther we says, wher tha little critters romp n play. Ye lay in wait neer ah ole dead log n ketch ye a little ole animal, one'ah them with tha little white line down his back ther , we says. An if ye treet'im rite nice, ye wont haf ta suffer from this heer exkapade. Wellllll....enyways put tha little feller in a poke n tie ye a knot in tha end uv'it, then ye take tha poke wit tha little kritter in it to tha viktums........er......customers house n turn'im looose under tha crawlin space uv sed house, but be for shuuuuuuuure ta rattle that poke kwite extensiveally afore ye do. An rest most asssuredly, ya w=ont haf ta worry bout no smell from tha topside no more. An ther ye be, problem solved. An dont worry ye'sef bout thankin Ole Jack, he'ud do it fer eny'ah thes laddies on tha ole java shop.

March 9, 2010 at 6:40 a.m.

Jed

Are there any stink pipes on the roof? To me the goop never had much of a smell and if there are pipes up there then the vents are likely pulling in the odour from them.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

EagleView Assess -  Banner Ad - Visualizer
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad