User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

My favorite time of year

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

A grand child and our arbor with the pretty and fragrant Wysteria blooming. It can't get much better than that! http://picasaweb.google.com/crookston.john4/MyDocuments#

May 13, 2010 at 8:22 p.m.

Old School

We planted them about 20 years ago now, and some of the "trunks" are about 4 or 5 inches across now. They are completely holding up the arbor by themselves. We have also trained a few new roots and they are starting to wrap around the other posts to take over as some of the older ones are dying. We go up and heavily prune everything every year or so, and that helps to make it grow better and more vibriant. It is just on the arbor that connects the garage and the house. We sure do enjoy it!

May 13, 2010 at 7:03 p.m.

wywoody

Agreed, OS. I had grown to hate wysteria. I have one customer that let it completely engulf his roof. It's tudor style and he thinks it looks cool. About every 2 or 3 years, he needs his valleys cleaned, those seed pods really clog them up. It's the only repair I do that starts with lopping shears. But looking at yours', I can understand the appeal.

May 13, 2010 at 10:30 a.m.

Old School

God is good for everyone, and the rain falls on the needy as well as the greedy. It is all good!

May 13, 2010 at 8:51 a.m.

wywoody

This is my favorite time of year as well. This is what our Spring display looks like, it's almost a waste that it does this for just the two of us.

The best part about it? You don't have to do a thing, it just happens.

May 13, 2010 at 7:21 a.m.

Terry D

Beautiful wife, adorable grandchild and awesome flowers. You are one lucky person!

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS - Banner Ad - Commercial Distribution Specilaists
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - Claim Free Consultation - Ad 3
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif