English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

more license talk

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

natty

An investigative reporter got burned by storm chasers so now he is pushing for a law to license roofers in Texas.

http://www.dallasnews.com/investigations/watchdog/20150115-watchdog-you-and-me.-lets-push-legal-fixes-in-2015.ece

While they are at it they might as well license every occupation. You can't be too safe...

January 21, 2015 at 2:57 p.m.

andy

There are several customers in the West Michigan market who go burned by a "licensed, insured, BBB A+ rating") contractor this past year. My father has always insisted that the State of Michigan licensing was a license to steal. Nothing I've seen over the years has contradicted this viewpoint.

Handing over a check and passing a test says nothing about personal integrity, trade competency or business acumen. A low barrier to entry in this state . . .

I'm thinking that we would be better off unlicensed . . . take away that false sense of security for the customer and really force them to do their homework (finding that lowest price) before moving forward with their choice of service provider.

January 20, 2015 at 11:02 p.m.

egg

According to a couple of guys who were actively posting here years ago, duking it out really, (They were calling each other rump rangers) lol RCAT was perennially pushing for licenses and perennially getting voted down (in general elections maybe?) Kind of a "standing wave" of argumentation over there.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad