User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Monsoon season here in IL

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

clvr83

The weather this year has been crazy. I'm not complaining because it's been relatively mild, but very humid.

November-March - No winter, barely sat on the couch. April - Constantly windy Late May & June - Super wet. Just continual.

The last few weeks have been regular afternoon showers, except this week. This week we got 60 hours in. They called for rain every day, but then at 5am dropped the chances so we kept hitting it hard.

We usually have dry spells, as I'm sure most do. Now we have this:

This has been a landmark year for us too, aside from that storm year we had. We've had the biggest residential & commercial jobs we've ever had dollar wise, with more just like them lining up. I'm about to start telling people that we can't do their project until next year just so I can be on the job more and knock some of these projects out.

Anybody else had great business but rough weather this year?

August 20, 2016 at 6:36 p.m.

Old School

More steady rain today. Probably an 1 1/2 total. Boy we have been getting the rain lately. It is putting a crimp on me finishing the play house for the Art Prize. I have to have it dry to get the stucco done on the outside the finish the trims. shoot!

August 16, 2016 at 8:10 a.m.

Old School

Good soaker hell, we have minor flooding. We had 3.12 inches last night, but 60 miles south they had 7 inches. I guess it is moving towards the north east where they have had a minor drought. It will about take care of that. Averages, you have to love them.

August 15, 2016 at 9:28 p.m.

Old School

2 to 3 inches tonight in Kalamazoo!

August 13, 2016 at 8:23 a.m.

Old School

It was supposed to rain here last night, and all day yesterday for that matter. About 15 miles away we had some rain, but nothing yesterday. Last night I woke up and it was raining and this morning my wife told me we had 3 1/2 inches during the night. Lots of rain and it is probably from that storm that they are having down in Louisiana.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RCS - L&L contest
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO