User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Michigan Builders License Renewal

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

andy

Just a heads up. I attended a continuing ed class this week, and the instructor informed us that the State of Michigan is not mailing renewal notices for this cycle (every 3 years) and moving forward. Supposedly the state sent an e-mail notice of some kind but out of about 30 contractors in the class, only five or so said they had gotten the notice. Renewal is online only, paid with cc or with your checking account digits.

If the May 31 deadline is missed, renewal can be as late as the end of July . . .for an additional $20.

CE classes are conducted by private companies. This instructor was quite miffed at the state, to say the least. State is looking to save $ by not printing or mailing notices.

March 13, 2017 at 6:37 p.m.

The SEAN

the last 2 times, I just checked the box that said I took the classes. I might do the Menards online class. only $49.

March 13, 2017 at 3:41 p.m.

andy

The SEAN Said: good to know. maybe I should take one of those classes to find out those things.

Sean, you can take the class on line. I prefer the class setting as this particular instructor is entertaining and the feedback off other class participants makes it more bearable that watching 3 hours of video.

The MOST interesting comment the instructor made was that the license has nothing to do with doing the work, and has everything to do with getting PAID to do the work. I had never thought of it quite like that . . .

March 13, 2017 at 9:26 a.m.

The SEAN

good to know. maybe I should take one of those classes to find out those things.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Johns Manville - TPO- Banner ad
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June