User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
USG - Sidebar - Fire
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Man, it is dead on here!

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

I have been working on my play house and haven't had tome to log on. It seems I haven't missed much. If I can figure out a way to get to my pictures, I have about 20 more of the castle. I have 10 days to get it ready. Looking good.

September 8, 2016 at 5:55 p.m.

Old School

Mike, I'm Insane? Look at all that unexploded ordinance! That looks like fun!

Yeah, that "playhouse" is insane. It is fun though and that is why I am building it. I am sure it will sell and I will get to build another 2 or 3, and then it will be like a job. It has been interesting though. The guy at the venue where it is going to be shown is coming down tomorrow morning and I am sure he is going to get it on TV before the show. I predict this is really going to cause quite a stir when it arrives. We will see.

September 8, 2016 at 9:11 a.m.

shauns

Mike H Said: This is what I spent a week of evenings/nights working on. This is a 36 flatbed, loaded end to end with A fireworks display for Labor Day weekend. Used to do one every year, but this is first time in 5 years, and the best yet. 380 mortar loads, 100 combo cases, all linked for a 40 minute show. Over 2500 shots in total.

Actually had the law show up half way through. He really enjoyed it. Wanted an invite the next time.

Got it videod from 2 aspects and a drone. Will post the vid when my nephew gets it done.

Ok Mike, I seriously need to see this video. WOW! That is just magnificent!!

September 8, 2016 at 1:11 a.m.

Mike H

This is what I spent a week of evenings/nights working on. This is a 36' flatbed, loaded end to end with A fireworks display for Labor Day weekend. Used to do one every year, but this is first time in 5 years, and the best yet. 380 mortar loads, 100 combo cases, all linked for a 40 minute show. Over 2500 shots in total.

Actually had the law show up half way through. He really enjoyed it. Wanted an invite the next time.

Got it video'd from 2 aspects and a drone. Will post the vid when my nephew gets it done.

September 8, 2016 at 12:33 a.m.

Mike H

That playhouse is just FREEKING INSANE.

I sure hope you are posting a photo log beside the structure so that people can actually appreciate it.

September 5, 2016 at 5:51 p.m.

egg

Their Hurricane (AKA Alaskan) sbs three-tab is great. Don't have any experience with Malarkey glass 3-tabs. Pretty certain they make a 20-yr. version. Put a green Alaskan 3-tab on an Orthodox church and it was holding up fine the last time I checked. Put on a number of weathered wood ones and they are doing great.

September 5, 2016 at 1:29 p.m.

egg

Metric conversion took place here many years ago with just a few exceptions lingering on. I can get CT english-measure out of the midwest but I have to order a truckload. I've got one square of maple red on hand but it would cost an arm and a leg to get it to you. Couple bundles of Tamko black and that's about it. 3-tabs in solid colors pretty much all discontinuied now. Not much market left for 3-tabs. And, yes, the manuf. don't care one bit about repair stock supply and they never have, at least not in the 45 yrs. I've been watching. I'd like 40 sq. of mint frost/coronado green/surf green for a specific reroof that needs doing, but of course that's all long-gone as well. One of these years so will we be and that will be the end of a certain kind of old-timer-style angst. Won't it? lol

September 4, 2016 at 10:09 p.m.

clvr83

We've been super busy, plus I've been going through a mite infestation and had to move out temporarily, so not much time to post.

We had that monsoon(as we previously discussed), and then the weather opened up and the God's said "Let thy roofers go like hell." We've been on this 70sq 12/12 for the past four days. We don't work many Saturdays but we did 10.5 hours yesterday, and went back today to take down boards and do a final cleanup. I've got 2x two man teams going out on repairs tomorrow even though it's Labor Day. They had the choice, but I said overtime and they jumped on it. We are so far behind schedule that I actually hired a subcontractor to knock out a few easier roofs. First in our 30 year history! I'm not going to lie, it was easy money, and very addictive. :laugh:

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pictures, but in the meantime, here is a picture of part of the monster we were on. I'll get a drone shot this week.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps