User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Looking for best alternatives to match wood shake roof? and best performence.

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Artie

I am a roofing contractor in california and need some advices for roofing products to match wood shake. looking for best roof materials. Thanks in advance for your help. Artie

February 21, 2010 at 12:59 p.m.

egg

In Ca you can get fire-treated shakes in either Class B or C flavors. We have to take the B rated shakes up to an A-rated assembly by adding a retardant layer prior to felting. They are expensive but the good thing about them is that since so few shakes are installed anymore the quality of the material available is quite good. We did two large projects with them last year.

February 21, 2010 at 7:51 a.m.

copperman

Being he's from California I bet he can't use cedar anymore due to fires. So wood products are out. Alum. shakes look like crap to me. so my best suggestion is a heavy weight comp shingle. Nothing really looks like a wood shingle roof then a wood shingle roof so their is not much choice. You may be able to use fire treated wood shakes. I think they come with a class C rating but are very costly if I recall. About twice the price of regular wood shakes.

February 12, 2010 at 10:43 a.m.

Old School

I like slate myself!

February 12, 2010 at 9:35 a.m.

aaron1

In Colorado a lot of codes are now switching away from wood products, I believe eventually they will not be allowed. Due to this, last year many of our customers were inquiring about synthetics, this is something my company has been installing for many years now. You should consider Davinci shakes or Enviro-shakes, they look great and have outstanding performance, offering 50 year warranties. Be advised these cost more than the average, but if your looking for a long term investment these are the way to go.

February 12, 2010 at 8:17 a.m.

robert

Perfection aluminum shakes look like thick butt shakes

February 12, 2010 at 8:11 a.m.

wywoody

Monier/Lifetile Madera is the most realistic looking of shake tiles. But I'm not a fan of expensive, yet fragile roofing directly nailed to the deck.

February 12, 2010 at 7:28 a.m.

Old School

Maybe "wood shakes"

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Elevate - Banner Ad - The Future is Calling (2024)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples