User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Let it bleed

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

wywoody

Roofing has to be at the tops for minor injuries. Friday was a little over average for me, I was stung by bees 4 times and scratches on hands and arms drew blood 4 0r 5 times. Trying to fit new flashing under existing will do that to you.

My question is how many times do you bleed at work in an average week? For me that's hard to answer because it's gotten to where it has to be pretty bad to even notice. But I would say 7 or 8 times a week.>>>

August 10, 2009 at 11:02 a.m.

kage

Only one bad one putting in a backpan 20 some yrs ago,had a labourer once on a flat roof who cut himself and damn well fainted from the sight of his blood :lol: didnt show up the next day :dry:>>>

August 10, 2009 at 10:26 a.m.

seen-it-all

Had stitches only once in over 25 years. Lost a fair amount of blood over that time also.

Always like the expression on a new guys face when they are standing there staring at their first blood and I give them the evil eye and say "Don't get any on the new shingles" and walk away.>>>

August 9, 2009 at 11:06 p.m.

egg

Gloves help, but sometimes you have to go bare and sometimes the gloves tear. We always compete to see who will draw first blood. It's usually me. I've given up caring. Serious cuts are another matter. It's been years since anyone got one of those. We want to be able to keep going and serious cuts prevent that.>>>

August 9, 2009 at 3:24 p.m.

clublaugh

probably 2-3 times per week gets to where you hardly even notice>>>

August 9, 2009 at 3:03 p.m.

Old School

I try and wear gloves!>>>

August 9, 2009 at 11:39 a.m.

wywoody

Actually Jed, all 4 stings were within about 5 seconds. The kid that was working with me picked up a tile with a hive under it and got stung once. The bee spray in the truck seemed so far away that I told him I'd handle it, thinking that I could swiftly turn over the tile and knock the hive off with my hammer. It didn't work out that way. Next time I make the trip down to the truck.>>>

August 9, 2009 at 11:27 a.m.

Jed

Not so much these days as I'm office bound, but back when I used to work for a living the mantra was blood on every job. ...I can't imagine being stung FOUR TIMES in one day. Once and I'd be pissed off, twice would make me mad, three times and I'd become paranoid and really angry at the world............four.....man, if I got stung four times.. >>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Beacon - Banner Ad - This is Roofing School! (RLW)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad