User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Leaf raking!

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

I spent about 3 hours yesterday blowing the leaves and raking them onto a tarp to haul away. For as many leaves as we have around here, that was a record. I used the large blower and my wife used the small backpack and the rake around the bushes. Most of the leaves are off the trees now and the few trees that still are hanging on are pretty concentrated so we are almost there for the year. Good feeling.

My brother broke his arm raking leaves last year...he fell out of the tree! Go figure!

November 2, 2009 at 5:20 p.m.

Old School

Good observation Terry. Some people don't get it!

November 2, 2009 at 1:43 p.m.

Terry D

Sounds like an advertisement to me roofersworld. Did you pay for that ad? Shame on you.

November 2, 2009 at 11:16 a.m.

roofersworld

Never worry about unclogging gutters again with Leaf Defier - http://www.roofersworld.com/leafdefier.htm.

The Leaf Defierâ„¢ is an open cell polyurethane insert, specially shaped and cut to fit snugly into your gutter. Even during the heaviest of rainstorms, the water flows through the Leaf Defierâ„¢ into the gutter valley and out the downspout.Leaves and debris slide off the surface or just dry up and blow away. Your gutters will remain clean and clear of clogs.

For more information on locating a distributor visit - http://www.roofersworld.com/leafdefier_locateadealer.htm.

November 1, 2009 at 7:40 p.m.

OLE Willie

I have numerous flower beds all around the house. I just run over the leaves with a lawnmower with a bagger attached, then spread out the crushed leaves in the flower beds. Then i come back with a tiller and mix it all up. Makes for some great soil to plant in come spring. :)

November 1, 2009 at 7:35 p.m.

Old School

I really like the blower. It will clean up the leaves and if you work with the wind and the smaller backpack blower you can really move some leaves. I blow them into big ples in the driveway and then take my Bobcat skid loader and push them back into the woods. Very slick way to do it!

November 1, 2009 at 5:17 p.m.

robert

:woohoo:

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Glo Group - Banner Ad - Leverage Your Team to Scale Your Business - RLW Registration
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad