Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Job offers?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Robby the Roofer

The REAL dilema I have....

Interviewed for job C, and was ready to take the job.

Job A called two hours later and informaly offered the position...just a meet and greet thing and its off to the races. So I hesitate.

Job B called 24 hours later to offer my old position. Noew I have to sit back and de4cide which one is the best one to choose.

December 12, 2009 at 12:07 p.m.

Robby the Roofer

Job A. Last March when the co. I worked for closed shop, they had this large contract. I was lead QC at the time for the company and they slipped in another experience roofer to QC the project. This phase lasted 6 months. When the company closed, the GC asked for labor only bids as the material was already purchased (to finish the project phase). The siding co. won out and kept the roofers and QC and put them on the payroll. Everyone was cut loose when the phase was complete.. Siding co. won the contract again 7 months later and is trying to recruit the same roofers. The old QC has a higher paying job now and will not do the project, that is where I come into play.

Now you see the make up, No mater how well I do the job, I could still be out of a job.

Job B. I could be there for a year or even two. Company sayed in the past that "anyone" could do QC and run safety a program. Company is doing well now but when the overhead vs. decreased work comes into play, I could be out of a job again.

Job C Opportunities for advancement and lots of work in different states, and most likely travel alot and drive my own vehicle.

December 12, 2009 at 8:47 a.m.

Jed

It all depends on what you are doing now.

December 12, 2009 at 8:31 a.m.

kage

I like woody's reasoning too,then talk to owner about opening a roofing division,change to a siding and roofing co.

December 12, 2009 at 7:25 a.m.

wywoody

Since none of the three is exactly what you want, take option A. It pays the most and gives you time to search for something better or economy improving.

December 12, 2009 at 7:00 a.m.

tinner666

I think like Lefty. BUT!!!! They landed the job by default and don't do roofing. It may well be a true '1-off' thing.

Option 2? well, you already know them and may have a better gut feeling one way or the other.

Option 3 doesn't sound like much and it's putting all your eggs on a possible long shot.

December 12, 2009 at 6:39 a.m.

Lefty

Hi,

I would take the job that gives me $29/hour. Live like I was getting paid $20/hour or less. Then save the rest.

If I gave you this offer and you pull this off. I would look for another project to keep you working for me. Since you would show me of your abilitys. If you work like this job ended in 6 months and just did the job an no more. I would probably just let you go.

Use this like you are getting paid to interview for a new job. Pass the interview and who knows where this could lead.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

APOC - Banner - 3x Points - June
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June