User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Introduction

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

michaelfernandez085

Hi friends, i couldn't find the introduction thread, so creating a new one and introducing myself.

My name is Michael Fernandez & I wanted to introduce myself to the entire community, so that we know each other very well. I have an enormous interest in the field of Construction especially in home roofing repair & renovation services in Dallas. I am associated with many renowned organisations. I keep an eye on the latest buzz in the construction industry and posts articles regularly. In all my articles I share tips and information on unique ideas related to roofing tips & ideas for business. Hope we all make this good place to share our thoughts, ideas, suggestions on roof related discussion. We all rock!!!

August 13, 2016 at 11:55 a.m.

egg

I would venture to say that most of us fall into the usual pattern of hoping we'll croak before it comes to any of that.

A little unexpected lightning bolt and done. No anticipation, no glacial decline.

On the other hand, I know a man who led an extremely interesting and productive life in his first eighty years, ponied up his resources to get into a senior facility that provides graduated levels of care for those who outlive their functionality, and by all accounts, including his, is having the best time of his life.

Lost my dad when he was sixty-nine. He went down hard, but he made it look easy. I'm indebted to him for showing me you can lose your ego without losing your soul.

And, as they say, "on that happy note..." Off to the races, one day at a time. That's the only "tip" I can think to post. There's so much useless verbal noise in the world that getting a little hard of hearing and sight is more often than not a tangible blessing.

:cheer:

August 12, 2016 at 12:41 a.m.

wywoody

I'm certainly not ready for a nursing home, they sound too exclusive for me, I still like other women's body parts as well.

August 11, 2016 at 10:54 a.m.

seen-it-all

And see that skinny old geezer over there. First thing he does in the morning is get up and strap on his knee pads and pours himself a huge mug of coffee. He spends all day crawling around like a crab and hardly touches his coffee until it is ice cold. Usually just before lunch he will gulp the whole mug down. Doesn't seem to care what's floating on the scum of milk on top. Hardly talks and spends all day making sure everyone is doing something productive. Last thing he does before he goes to bed is make sure everything is neat and tidy and put away. Such a strange fellow.

August 11, 2016 at 7:12 a.m.

egg

The same nursing home? Poor nurses! Head nurse tells the visitor, "I've never seen anything quite like it. We offered them three-square meals a day and they said they don't eat that much at one time. Just show them where the cheese and peanut butter is and they eat whenever they start running out of fuel. They grab a little something, crawl off, hunker down in the strangest places, and nibble away like a bunch of squirrels. Insist on making three-point contact when they're making their way across the bed, saw two of them up on top of the refrigerator the other day, looking down, smoking, and keeping up a running commentary on the state of the world and everybody in it. Won't sleep in the new hospital beds. Say they want a bed with a crank in it. One guy had a little accident one day and Sally went in to tidy up. Guy had a fit. Said we had to do a complete tear-off and re-sheet.

August 11, 2016 at 12:20 a.m.

seen-it-all

Can you imagine if we all ended up in the same nursing home :woohoo:

August 10, 2016 at 10:09 p.m.

egg

Actually, we don't generally keep our eyes on the latest buzz because buzz is a sound; we keep our ears open for that. For my part, I'm getting kind of old now and my eyesight isn't what it once was so I end up keeping my eyes on the fuzz. If someone's talking to me, when I look up it's kind of a buzzy fuzz and when I listen it's kind of a fuzzy buzz. Still cranking out squares. Now and again I even track my leads. Tell me about radiant barriers and the physics of how they actually work. I noticed some people rolling some out on the top side of some roof sheathing, something called Polarum or some such name, and could not believe my eyes. Nothing fuzzy about that stuff.

August 10, 2016 at 6:18 p.m.

CIAK

Hi Mike I need advice on my socks and the washing machine. I mean what the hell happened?????? I put the socks in and only half of them come out I have no idea where the other 1/2 are!!! Most surprising is 14 of the 1/2 are different colors........... B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

August 10, 2016 at 5:14 p.m.

Old School

Michael, You are going to get a raft of crap on this forum unless you stop speaking at us like we are 3rd graders!

August 10, 2016 at 9:29 a.m.

seen-it-all

Ok you first. Give us a tip.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SOPREMA -   Banner Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand) New Design
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - Claim Free Consultation - Ad 3
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad