English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Insurance Question....I AM SORRY IN ADVANCE!

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

RandyB1986

Man guys....I hate asking a question like this but I don't want to rip myself off. Any of you guys near Indiana know what insurance(Xmate) is allowing this year for materials, 25 year 3 tab comp?

This is my first insurance quote of the year and I just hate to go off last falls number when I know shingles went up...and didnt know if they gave us a cost of living increase on the install they include with the material.

If you don't want to post it here just email me at SSRB87@yahoo.com and before you all rain on me..I am sorry for asking a pricing question, and about insurance to boot.

Thanks, Randy

March 3, 2010 at 9:09 a.m.

jcagle9595

You are bidding on an insurance job and don't want to leave too much on the table because insurance co's pay a lot more than you normally bid? Wow, that may be a first here.

Well then, can you just speak with the adjuster and get an idea of his allowances before submitting the quote instead of playing liar's poker? :laugh:

March 3, 2010 at 4:14 a.m.

OLE Willie

I'm with Pgriz on this one. My prices are my prices and ( excuse my southern slang ) but they AINT changin for no insurance company. lol

March 2, 2010 at 11:08 p.m.

pgriz

carribbeandreams2004, please forgive my ignorance.... but it it costs me $2000 to perform a specific work scope, and I decide that I want $3000 for the job to make it worthwhile for me, and (say) the insurance company says it has to be done for $2020.89, why would I be interested in taking on work that is not meeting my business objectives? Letting a third party (in this case an insurance company) decide what they want to pay for my services, has absolutely no role in determining whether I will or should perform those services. So... why do I want to work with insurance companies that pay below what I need to make as a business? There has got to be a good reason that I'm too stupid to understand... :blink:

March 2, 2010 at 10:10 p.m.

carribbeandreams2004

You must not yet have worked with Allstate. LMAO the insurance company pays too much? Well when you work with Allstate you will understand the meaning of "squeal like a pig". You better bring some lube with you to that adjuster meeting. Personally I have my own plan on how to deal with them.

March 2, 2010 at 4:49 p.m.

TomB

Ditto pgriz.......

March 2, 2010 at 1:43 p.m.

RandyB1986

They always grossly overpay.....that is the point of my question.

But just because I control my overhead costs that shouldnt mean I should make less profit, hence my asking what they are allowing as of now(XMate) I aint paying for Xmate....so dont even go there.

I have no problem writing my bid off last years numbers....but thought I would ask before I am called a low ball scab.

lol.

Once I get one printout from an adjuster.......I will have my numbers for the Spring.

Thanks for the input.

March 2, 2010 at 1:03 p.m.

pgriz

Hmmm... I thought that to be a businessman, one needed to take the material and labor costs, add the overhead and the desired profit, and THAT was the price you quoted. What relation does the amount that insurance companies are prepared to pay have to your costs, overheads and profit targets? If they are grossly overpaying you (based on you knowing your costs), then by all means use their numbers, but otherwise, you'll be doing work (and taking on liability) for no reward. Or am I missing the point?

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

EagleView Assess -  Banner Ad - Visualizer
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June