English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
ARCA - Sidebar ad - 55th Annual Roofing Expo
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
Leap - Sidebar - Truck Wrap - Aug
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Insurance And OSHA Question

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Rozziroofer

Vaa i cant believe i am going to say this and its hard to type it but i agree. He is not to do anything but stand (with a flag) watch and speak up when someone gets close to the edge.>>>

April 11, 2009 at 2:19 p.m.

Rozziroofer

Ed i must not be following you. If the roof has almost no pitch and you have it flagged off you need a monitor. R u sayin you need a fall arrest system as well as the flags and monitor ? I am sayin no its one or the other.>>>

April 11, 2009 at 2:05 p.m.

Ed The Roofer

Rozziroofer Said: In the scenario ur describing u would not need both only one or the other. The certification can be done (on line pretty easy test)with in hours. The monitor is more for flat roof with the perimeter flagged off six feet in of course.

Incorrect. Read up on sub-Part M in the OSHA manual.

It is an either/or for any roof exceeding the height limit from ground to eave edge. Either a Safety Monitor, OR the Toe-Boards, (Slide Guards), along the entire eave edge perimeter where there is men working on that section, or even traveling over that section.

Sloped shingle roof or flat roof does not come into play into that restriction.

Ed>>>

April 11, 2009 at 1:46 p.m.

Rozziroofer

In the scenario ur describing u would not need both only one or the other. The certification can be done (on line pretty easy test)with in hours. The monitor is more for flat roof with the perimeter flagged off six feet in of course.>>>

April 11, 2009 at 12:46 p.m.

Ed The Roofer

Jed,

The whole point is to find legitimate items to be able to include on the scope of work as an individual and mandatory function of the job.

I don't do a real lot of insurance work, but I like to study the typical differences that cause an adversarial relationship and then look for holes in the system to utilize ethically and legally, so that my opportunities increase legitimately, with no objection.

Since OSHA requires it, the cost of the project should be increased to account for that trained qualified party to provide the mandatory function, or for installing bottom edge toe boards on brackets.

Presently, on the described one story walk on pitch roofs, I have never seen this optimized and paid for, but it would be a likely item that could not possibly be refuted.

Ed

>>>

April 11, 2009 at 11:00 a.m.

Ed The Roofer

A Competent Man for a Safety Monitor OR Slide Guards, but neither gets done typically, but it is supposed to and IS an OSHA requirement.

So, if you HAVE To do it, shouldn't you get compensated for it?

Ed>>>

April 11, 2009 at 10:46 a.m.

egg

I'm just going to content myself with lurking. The very notion of needing a Comp. Man expense on these resi bldgs makes my teeth hurt.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
VaproShield - Sidebar - SlopeShield - Aug
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Readyslate Sidebar Ad