Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Insulation Tax Credit question.......

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

RandyB1986

Now this is going to sound bad.....but I am doing my first job where the homeowner asked about and is requesting all information needed for filing for tax credit.

I put a roof on this house and a long story short it only has about 3" of blown in fiberglass insulation in the attic.....I gave them a price to install another 12" or so. They can get 30% of the cost of insulation materials only on tax credit.

To get the tax credit the customer needs Manufacturer's Certification Statement..which I have. They also need a "sales receipt"...and this is where I have questions.

Am I suppose to provide them with an actual receipt from where I buy the materials, my cost.....or is the invoice/receipt I give them from my company ok? My invoices seperate materials and labor...so the IRS and customer would know what they paid me in labor and what was materials. This would just be so much easier then trying to get an actual receipt from my material supplier....since they just invoice me once a month for all jobs in that month. You guys follow me or did I confuse the hell out of you?

Thanks! Randy

November 20, 2009 at 8:09 a.m.

roofrite

You need to provide them with the invoice for the entire job. Labor, materials everything. This is the amount it cost to have the services completed and this is the amount they can recieve a percentage of credit for. I have done this many times over the past couple of years and this is the proper way to do it.

November 20, 2009 at 7:03 a.m.

wywoody

I don't see how an invoice from your supplier would be any more legit than one from you as long as you are all legal. Plus since the credit is a pecentage, the customer would get a bigger deduction with your mark-up.

November 19, 2009 at 11:01 p.m.

Robby the Roofer

I would have purchased this on a seperate ticket anyways knowing that I would be giving it to a customer. They will never know what the true price of the materias are, so you win-win!

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tremco - Baner Ad - Safety First: Tremco
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder