User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Insulated Aluminum Florida Sunroom Roof

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Chuck2

Well, they say you can't teach an old dog a new trick and after over 3 decades I wasn't really planning on learning any but I've ran into one anyways. lol I've messed around and sold a roof repair on an insulated aluminum sunroom roof. A large tree limb fell on it and made one of the 4 ft. wide panels come unlocked on both sides. It's dipped down about an inch lower than the panels on either side. I'm not sure if it can be salvaged by taking a few panels off and reinstalling them or if it will require all new panels, 3 panels, one panel? Makes pricing the job difficult as their are 7 panels at $500 each. Of course the one with the damage has a ceiling fan hanging from it.

This sunroom roof leaked in several places before the tree limb fell on it. I don't know if anyone remembers but a couple years ago I did another first which was installing a peel and stick membrane roof over one of these type aluminum roofs. That has worked out very well with no more leaks since it's installation. If I ever get this latest one structurally sound again and looking good from underneath. ( the ceiling underneath consists of nothing more than the bottom side of the panel ) I will be installing a peel and stick on this one too.

I ended up just giving her a base price ( which she accepted ) for all the work and an added cost per new panel "IF" I end up needing any new panels. Their seems to be many different types of panels and they are somewhat difficult to find. I'm really just hoping I can get this existing panel to lock back into place. Doesn't really look like much if any damage has occured to it. The tree limb just hit right in the middle of it from so high up that it "unlocked" this one panel. I don't see how I can know for sure until I get up there and start taking this thing apart. Anyone have experience with these type roofs?

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sherwin-Williams - Banner Ad - Roofing Passport
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald