English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Imprimis Hillsdale College

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

If you haven't read or subscribed I highly recommend this publication . It is a free subscription . Check it out on Facebook . This is an article from the archives . https://www.hillsdale.edu/images/userImages/mvanderwei/Page_4221/ImprimisFeb09.pdf God Bless America

July 10, 2010 at 5:52 p.m.

CIAK

prgiz I think Tom misinterprets what you mean by empire . What Obama thinks is that in its original and for most of it's history America was racist sexist and in many ways vicious. What Obama sees is not what America was , but what it can become . Liberalism will make America into a decent kind non racist non sexist country . In his mind and beliefs America was and for most of its history detestable . That is the President we have in power now make no mistake about it . This`is`still a great wonderful nation . This time period reminds me of Jimmy Carter or worse . I heard somewhere Carter should be jumping for joy Obama is`such a bad president . Takes him off the top of the list and moves him to number 2.

July 10, 2010 at 3:47 p.m.

wywoody

The lesson we should have learned from both Iraq and Afghanistan is that we can go in and change regimes of any third world country in about three weeks. Afterwards we could leave and tell the people, "it's your country, figure out your new government, if we don't like it' we'll be back for another three weeks" and watch their mess develop. Or we can stay there and have their mess become our mess.

July 10, 2010 at 7:27 a.m.

pgriz

Yeah, but Tom - it's really hard to get excited about chanting "We're Number nine!" B)

July 9, 2010 at 8:54 p.m.

pgriz

Gerry, the principles that were the foundation of the country may not be the best principles in the current world. All empires (and the USA is an empire) go through stages of foundation, growth, maturation, and senescense. The collapse of a dominant civilization usually is followed by a dark period of chaos and crisis, until a new group is able to organize itself into the seeds of a future empire. I know of no historical example of a civilization that was able to "reboot" itself from a late stage back to the vigour and energy of the foundation stage. Let us all hope that the USA finds the leaders (political and otherwise) to be the first.

July 5, 2010 at 1:31 a.m.

Mike H

No. Hillsdale wasn't even on my radar screen until I was 20 and my grandpa introduced me to Imprimis.

I was headed for The Citadel when a back injury put all my military plans in the dumper. I went to Colorado State for a short period, then came home took some business and realestate courses while I was roofing, and that was it. I never got a degree.

July 4, 2010 at 1:06 p.m.

CIAK

You been reading it longer than I have . Doesn't matter when you start .Please , please , please start . What a great publication and college . Are you saying you attended Hillsdale Mike H ?

July 4, 2010 at 11:36 a.m.

Mike H

Have read it for about 2 1/2 decades. Wish I had kids with the grades necessary to attend.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS Roof Hub - Banner Ad - Spring 2024
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad