User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

I'm Back!!!

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Tropical Roofer

I just got back from Orlando where I attended the 2016 International Roofing Expo [IRE]. I ran into Vickie at her booth. It was great catching up with her. I was telling her that RCS was around before FaceBook and IMO was the original social media (at least for our trade). I miss the lively debates we used to have on here. So . . . I'm back!! - Jeff

March 8, 2016 at 6:04 p.m.

Old School

Patty, Wow, long no talk to !

March 2, 2016 at 8:15 a.m.

Lefty1

Vaa Fakaosifolau Said: Hey there Jeff, good to see an old poster again. I dont know how you manage to roof in that Tropical heat, we just had a month of high 20s C weather (30-40C on the roof)and I was getting sick of it to be honest. I like the cooler high teens and low twenties for working in. We recently got invited to a Conference in Fiji in July (our Winter). Despite the fact the country just about got wiped off the map with a Category 5 Cyclone (TC Winston), the biggest TC ever in the Southern Hemisphere, a few weeks ago. We declined, who wants to spend a week sweating in the shade! Why dont they have Conferences in interesting places like Antarctica or Alaska? ;) MikeNZ

Amen

February 27, 2016 at 9:49 a.m.

Old School

Not that again! that was about 300 comments long.

February 26, 2016 at 1:47 p.m.

vickie

OK I have a question. If any one of you could remember the name of the airplane thread I just may be able to find it!

February 25, 2016 at 10:38 p.m.

Lefty1

GKRFG Said: Welcome back Jeff, maybe you can wake this place up. Andy pretty well nailed it. Back when this internet forum stuff was new we were all gung ho to throw in our 2 cents. It was a revelation that we could all share our experiences and see what we all have in common. Now were all used to this kind of thing and weve said all there is to say. A lot of friendships were formed and valuable information exchanged. No reason that cant continue though.

We all have a wealth of knowledge that will just die with us if no one asks any questions. What a waste. The Coffee Shop gives us the place to do that. Just not a lot of questions lately.

February 24, 2016 at 4:31 p.m.

Old School

The greatest asset tpo the forum is that it makes us all realize that we are all dealing with the same problems, and most of them don't have anything to do with roofing, but people.

February 24, 2016 at 3:17 p.m.

andy

The last Great Debate had something to do with an airplane, as I recall . . . Mike H. was one of the protagonists . . .

The end of prolonged discussions is perhaps the outcome of most of us vetting the participants through their comments. We are at a place where we know what we know . . . Absent some dramatic new development in product, tradecraft or business practice, there isn't a whole lot left to be said.

although I occasionally lose sleep over that plane . . .

February 23, 2016 at 9:05 p.m.

vickie

Yay, Jeff is back! What was your old name, I forgot?

February 19, 2016 at 5:46 p.m.

Old School

Hey Jeff, It is hard to insult someone on this board anymore and make the defend themselves. For instance, you can ask "Who strikes lines when they roof?" and the replies go something like, "What is roofing?"

February 19, 2016 at 9:20 a.m.

Lefty1

Hi Jeff,

Those were some wild discussions.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo