Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Which roof measuring app is the best for the price?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

MattRadford

So I started using a free measuring tool from Roofr.com and I find it to be a great time-saver.

What are your thoughts on using measurement apps vs live-measuring?  Have any pro/cons for either?

I learned how to hand-bang shingles from a 3rd generation roofer and I am a bit old-school, but technology is saving me a bunch of time, and I can do measuring on a rain day....

October 18, 2019 at 12:41 p.m.

ttattini96

Depending on your measuring app it is very likely that it can be accurate, and also assist in measuring distances that a tape measure cannot solve

- Clear Choice Roofing

www.ClearChoiceRoofing.com

October 11, 2019 at 8:33 a.m.

MattRadford

Thanks for the feedback Josh.  The web address for the measurement tool i use is http://info.roofr.com/measurements

After I submit my measurement, it gives me an eagleview-style report that I have found pretty accurate when providing clients with pricing.

October 10, 2019 at 7:24 p.m.

JoshuaDan

Hey Matt....Arghh.  Just tried roofr.com on my own house for the hell of it.  After a few questions it spit me out a price and then a minute later I got a text from them asking if I'd like to discuss.  I don't see where you can use the service to measure your own jobs however...is that what you use it for?  Similar to EagleView?  I've used EagleView a decent amount because my distributors will pay for the service for me.  For some roofs it is spot on and amazing.  It will tell you how many feet of everything you need...can do the same for siding.  I also have used Google Earth a decent amount, more to get acquianted with a roof before I go to look at it.  I will say the EagleView is impressive in that it generates a nice spec sheet that looks quite professional when dealing with customers.  None of these things in my mind are fool proof however.  I find that I use them to sort of corroborate my own take offs, but still find the on site visit irreplaceable as it allows me to see where the trouble spots may be...the challenges.  A tight material list is cool, but it may be leaving out that you can't drop shingles out back cause there's a garden, or a new Azek deck etc.  Or BTW their sattelites got the pitches wrong and your actually short a few square.

The cons to live measuring are when I'm arrogant and lazy and just eyeball the damn house...and then gasp as I didn't realize a ranch can actually be 70 ' long. 

When it's not super bright out, a laser measurer can be pretty cool too, and acurate.    

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS Roof Hub - Banner Ad - Spring 2024
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2