User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

I bought a new copmputer today

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

A mini notebook so that I can take pictures on the roof and then come down and show all of the details to the H/O on the ground or in the house. It is amazing how much detail you can get with those things. I took a picture of the chimney and the spalled brick from about 30 feet away and it would show the fine cracks in the mortar joint when it was zoomed in. Very impressive.>>>

September 20, 2009 at 7:50 p.m.

Old School

That is way more technical than I am!>>>

September 20, 2009 at 7:14 p.m.

insprojohn

I am thinking about buying a Lenova with 2 GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, 15.3 inch screen, dvd/cd burner, wifi, etc. for $349 at Frys Electronics. I even think it has a built in camera but I never even use the one I have in my HP laptop. It is a great deal. It will be my second "backup laptop".>>>

September 18, 2009 at 9:24 p.m.

Old School

Boy Mike that hurts. I didn't see that before!>>>

September 18, 2009 at 5:33 p.m.

wywoody

For you guys in Atlanta of Philly try $50; http://www.gismogram.com/2009/04/05/att-offer-4999-for-mini-laptop-acer-aspire-one/ Of course it's one of those pay me now or pay me later things.>>>

September 18, 2009 at 3:46 p.m.

vickie

My old laptop is so slow and won't hook up on the internet so I bought me a mini too. Problem is that I can't type very well on it. So I type on the old one and save the file on a disk drive to the mini and email it. So now I am working on the weekends with two computers open and both plugged in and paperwork spread out all over the table so I don't have to go to the office. Oh well the mini is fun to carry around and look up stuff and it's lightweight.>>>

March 20, 2009 at 9:47 p.m.

Old School

Yes, the ACER. It has about a 7 x 9 screen but a full keyboard. It is too small for me to type on, but it is set up for that if I want or have to. I just got it for the pictures. I used it today at a job. I went on the roof and took about 9 pictures. I came down, plugged my camera into the computer and brought the pictures right up. I will type out the estimate, attach the pictures and send it out via the net. Very slick and very fast. I am amazed at the clarity of the pictures and the ability to "Zoom" in on them I paid $399.00 for it, and it has a 1 year warranty and is fully ready for the net. I can email and such, but I do that from home.

Welcome to the 21 century. I am working on posting pictures too. I finally realized that i can just post them to another site and then put a link to it. I may sound stupid to you guys, but them I am not that bright. I have a lot of good pictures though. You will see. jUst wait.>>>

March 20, 2009 at 9:16 p.m.

pgriz

I got the Acer and took it with me to Florida while my HP laptop was being repaired. MAN, that is a small screen! I'm gonna have to adjust my bifocals, and maybe even invest in a magnifying glass to read. The other problem is that I also had to get an external CD/DVD drive, as the mini-laptop doesn't come with one.>>>

March 20, 2009 at 5:24 p.m.

hatchetman

Sounds like a great idea; which model is the $300 one. Where did you purchase it. Thanks--------H>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style