User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

How to destroy a roof in 60 seconds

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

copperman

A copper roof I did last winter just got destroyed by a large tree from that week end nor-easter Went and measured it up. I will go there later and remove 10 pans and then let the builder fix the building. Finally got some good work!

March 18, 2010 at 6:48 p.m.

Old School

When they are rolled tight, it is a bitch to get them apart!

March 18, 2010 at 6:29 p.m.

tinner666

It's always something, isn't it. I just saw a heat vent stack sticking out of one of my tin roofs. Reckon I'll be making repairs on it next. I'll know more in a week or so when I go there for an unrelated issue. :huh:

March 18, 2010 at 5:29 p.m.

copperman

Got to see the damage today after the tree was removed Taking the seam apart The wood shingles got beat up on the rake so I'll have to take out about 5 feet and there is a hole where a branch went through Got a nice load of copper. I never had to take on of my roofs off before and it was harder then I thought it would be. I ended up using a hatchet to cut the standing seams off. I will cut most of the salvage copper into step flashing's on the jump shear.

March 17, 2010 at 9:14 p.m.

copperman

Got the call tonight to tear it off tomorrow. Tree is gone. I have to take half the roof off so they can fix the rafters and plywood deck. nice gravy job for me. Nice pile of scrap to as a bonus. I might use some of the better pieces for step flashing's.

March 16, 2010 at 9:15 p.m.

copperman

They are double lock. I never did a single lock ever. It's cold rolled hard copper also. I do have a tool to undo the seams but it's still hard to undo.

March 16, 2010 at 7:39 p.m.

Old School

Good stuff copper man. Are those double locked or just single locked. Double locks are a bithc to get off!

March 16, 2010 at 6:02 p.m.

copperman

Wont happen twill, no storm chasers here. This guy has bucks and he will have all original subs back to fix it. GC spent a year there Did a total remodle of the old farm house plus the addition on both ends. Both have copper roofs. GC said put it on your schedule.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CC-Season5-UnlockingEfficiency-July11-Banner-Watch
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style