User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Hey Mike NZ

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

jcagle9595

Mike, my son is going to New Zealand and will arrive in Auckland on May 30. and leave June 7.

Do you have any suggestions on what he should see while he's there?

May 28, 2010 at 6:49 p.m.

jcagle9595

Well, he's off tonight on the long flight there. I'm just hoping for the best and that he has a safe and enjoyable trip

May 26, 2010 at 4:21 p.m.

Jed

Vaa Fakaosifolau Said:
Jed Said: This from a local paper today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/travel/newzealand2011/7520841/New-Zealand-in-pictures.html?image=8

That one called half time break is a classic, just about every town in the country you could see that at the sports grounds in the Winter. Not my cup of tea, freezing your azz off for 90 minutes+ in the rain watching johnny play rugby (or football) :silly:

Yeah but it was worth frreezin your ass off in the rain for ninety minutes to have an excuse for warmin it up again in the pub with yer mates after.

May 25, 2010 at 6:55 a.m.
May 24, 2010 at 9:37 p.m.

jcagle9595

Thanks for the heads-up, Mike. He went for this because the tickets were cheap........now I can see why they were! :laugh: :( :woohoo:

May 17, 2010 at 7:37 p.m.

jcagle9595

Thanks for all the good info and ideas. Now I need to plot them all on the map and see how many I can fit into my route! Mt. Tarawera and Lake Tarawera look quite nice. White Island looks neat too, but the tours seem to be a bit expensive. Tauranga is indeed very close to my route and might be a nice beach addition to my itinerary as most of the rest is inland. What has better beaches and scenery, the area around Tauranga, Coromandel, or Northland area?

May 17, 2010 at 7:32 p.m.

jcagle9595

Thanks for the info Mike. My son may try to email you for more details, just so you know it's not spam or something.

Steve

May 16, 2010 at 9:56 p.m.

jcagle9595

Hey Mike,

This is Jeff, Steve's son.

I intend to spend almost all of my time outside of Auckland. I'll be renting a car while I'm in NZ, and intend to get out and see a bit more of the natural side of things. I've been reading up over the last few day and have a few tentative ideas.. but I'm sure there are a lot of attractions that I haven't even heard about and I'm curious as to what your favorites might be.

So far a few stops on my list are Waitomo, for the Caves, Rotorua to see some of the volcanic sites, Napier for some wine / coastal action, and Tongariro to hike the alpine crossing. Do you think the Tongariro crossing is already overly cold / icy?

Mapping out the driving route between those sites, it appears that I'll mostly be inland. So, I was thinking about adding another coastal city into the mix. Any suggestions? I'm interested in seing Wellington, but it's a bit far outside the loop of the other stops, and I've already got about 15 hours of drive time in store for me with those. Anyhow, any insight you can give would be much appreciated!

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Depot - Banner Ad - Supply the whole roofing job
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif