User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Hey, everyone sign in here

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

I thought I recognized the name. I have been looking for someone in the central part of the country and I guess that Colorado is pretty central. Now I cna put a name and location with your pen name. thanks!

September 19, 2012 at 6:46 p.m.

pocketkangs

I have been a regular visitor for at least six years but never posted. I have advertised on this site several times over the years. I have actually hired a few good people from the jobs I have posted. Good site!

Dustin Divitto "pocketkangs" Interstate Roofing Colorado Springs, CO.

September 15, 2012 at 8:42 p.m.

Old School

I was blown away when this was up to almost 8,000 hits. They just keep coming. Can we make it to 12,000? Come on you new guys. Log on here with your name and your location. John R. crookston "Old School" Kalamazoo, Michigan

September 1, 2012 at 3:42 p.m.

Old School

From my Sunday school days, I understand that when you had the long hair it was about 2,000 years ago. No wonder your hair is mostly gray now.

Are you holding up that tree in the picture?

It is getting pretty deep here!

August 31, 2012 at 7:29 p.m.

Old School

There, you see, I didn't know you as John McIntyre, but as the roofing god and I had no idea where you were from. when we use our pen names, shortly they become our real names and we at least I don't p[ay attention.

I don't think you look anything like your picture! You know, the one we all saw in sunday School class with the beard and the long brown hair and all. I believe you used to be a Carpenter; right?

August 26, 2012 at 6:24 p.m.

Old School

We have enough to do, but a lot of the other contractors are dying on the vine in Michigan; a lot of other states too. If that keeps up, we will either have to move to ND, or gety them to start their own state back and cut out the leaches that are dragging us down. I guess we could start a wheat mill too, but a money mill makes more sense.

Aren't they building motels or hotels? Hey, what is your name? Glad to have you on the forum.

August 26, 2012 at 5:18 p.m.

ND

Old School, Yes, ND has a state bank and state owned wheat mill. ND also has several million in surplus money and is growing daily with all the new oil revenue. If your thinking of coming to visit bring a tent. Once you get past Bismarck and head west hotels are full. New construction is at a record high throughout the state. Growth is enormous and we do not see an end in sight. Lot of out of staters working in the areas due to lack of local workers. I used to have to look for work now I get 10+ jobs tossed my way weekly. We can't do em all... Its a unique situation to be in. Winter will be here in a few months. Will see how many out of staters stick around when the snow flies... lol

August 25, 2012 at 8:23 p.m.

Old School

Damn, we finally got someone from the Middle west; welcome. Anyone from Montana or Idaho? I wonder why so few seem to be from those places?

Hey, I hear that North Dakoda has their own state bank and things are good there. Is that true?

August 25, 2012 at 5:47 p.m.

ND

Curt From Bismarck, ND Owner C&L Roofing-Gutters-Siding Keeping ND Covered

August 19, 2012 at 5:32 p.m.

Old School

You are probably right, but I only look at it when there is a new posting to see who it is. Well, most of the time anyway.

August 19, 2012 at 12:29 p.m.

wywoody

My guess is about 2,000 of those views were from some guy named Old School. ;)

Seriously, I bet less than 20 people account for half of the 10k.

August 19, 2012 at 9:13 a.m.

Old School

I just looked at this morning and we have had over 10,000 views on this thread. Wow! Who else that logs on to this site hasn't let us know who they are? Just a thought. come on guys and gals.

August 17, 2012 at 8:54 p.m.

Old School

Hey Branden, are you staying busy? I take it you took your family down there with you, and while that can be a hassle for some things, I am sure it is nice when you are able to get away from the tourist areas and live naturally. I have never been to the Bahamas, so I really have nothing to campare it to. Good to know you are well.

August 16, 2012 at 6:39 p.m.

bdub

nassau bahamas, down here stayin out your way!

August 9, 2012 at 5:43 p.m.

Old School

Hey Ddubya, how far down in the state of Illinois do you have to get till you can qualify as a redneck like Pot Gregory? Just yanking both of your chains!

They must need all of the services and money from the state to run Chicago. My daughter lives in Chicago, so it is not all bad. Kind of like Michigan. A lot of the money from the state goes to Detroit and how is that fair? welcome.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

EagleView Assess -  Banner Ad - Visualizer
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - You Are Only One Click Away
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo