User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

" Here they come batten down the hatches"

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

Thursday. Sever thunderstorm and possibly a tornado outbreak in east IA, extreme southwest IL southwest,central and east MO,AR. Southeast OK, northeast TX extreme west TN,extreme west KY. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

April 13, 2015 at 8:00 p.m.

CIAK

Roofguy Said: Ok lets have some fun. This is where they say the severe weather will be Thursday. That is 3-4 days from now and sometimes they get is right that far out, but lets see.

17 confirmed tornadoes last Thursday. 9 in IL, 2 in IA 3 in MO 3 in TX.

B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

April 6, 2015 at 7:29 p.m.

CIAK

Severe Weather Outbreak, Including Tornadoes, Possible This Week in Midwest,

Note: By definition, a severe thunderstorm contains one or more of the following: hail at least 1 inch in diameter, wind gusts 58 mph or higher, or a tornado.

Monday, April 6, 2015 Conditions are capped across the central USA, and upper-air forcing is probably too weak to break the cap. A chance of an isolated severe thunderstorm along a stationary front in northeast KS, northwest MO, extreme southeast NE. TOR:CON - less than 2.

East of the cap, a chance of an isolated severe thunderstorm in east MS, west AL. TOR:CON - less than 2.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 Isolated severe thunderstorms along a warm front in north and central MO, central and south IL. TOR:CON - 3.

A chance of an isolated severe thunderstorm along a dryline in southeast KS, south-central and northeast OK. TOR:CON - 2 or less as the cap (warm layer aloft) may inhibit thunderstorms.

Isolated severe thunderstorms in north and central CA under the cold pocket aloft. TOR:CON - 2.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 Severe thunderstorms in the east half of KS, southeast NE, south IA, north half MO, central OK, central TX from near Del Rio to Wichita Falls, central IL, north half IN, west-central OH. TOR:CON - 5 northeast KS, southeast NE, southwest IA, northwest MO; 3 southeast KS, central OK, southeast IA, northeast MO, central IL; 2 rest of area.

Thursday, April 9, 2015 Severe thunderstorms in south WI, central and south MI, northwest OH, IN, IL, east IA, MO (except northwest corner), southeast KS, east and south-central OK, AR, west KY, west TN, northwest MS, northwest LA, central and northeast TX. TOR:CON - 4 south WI, south MI, north IL, north IN; 3- MO, rest of IL and IN; 2 to 3 rest of area above.

Friday, April 10, 2015 Isolated severe thunderstorms in south NJ, southeast PA, DE, MD, north and east VA, east half NC, northeast SC, DC. TOR:CON - 2.

Saturday, April 11, 2015 Isolated severe thunderstorms in southwest KS, west OK, east TX panhandle, west TX along a dryline from near Childress to Abilene to San Angelo to Del Rio. TOR:CON - 3 southwest KS, west OK, east TX panhandle; 2 farther south in above area.

Sunday, April 12, 2015 Computer models differ so confidence is reduced, but a chance of severe thunderstorms in east OK, east TX from near I-35 eastward, AR, LA. TOR:CON - 3 these areas for now - monitor forecasts on subsequent days. I may be flying out to one off these places if something develops

B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

April 6, 2015 at 2:55 p.m.

clvr83

I thought you were referring to the storm that JUST happened the past Thursday. It was decent, not major though. 2" of rain in a day.

April 6, 2015 at 7:58 a.m.

CIAK

RoofDude Said:
Roofguy Said: And of course, weather forecasting has not advanced nearly enough for that kind of detail 5 days out.

I tell my son all the time: Ignore the goofy 7-day forecast, its 4 days worth of guessing. They have a general idea, about a general area, 3 days out but beyond that they are wrong as often as right.

That said, the Metroplex is way over due for a big one. We need another $billion storm.

Imagine how long any of us would be in business, or employed if, we were wrong as often as meteorologists ?!

B)

Locally, I have maintained accurate weather forecasting. Open the window stick your head out ,look around and feel it. Accurate to 90% . B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

April 6, 2015 at 7:37 a.m.

RoofDude

Roofguy Said: And of course, weather forecasting has not advanced nearly enough for that kind of detail 5 days out.

I tell my son all the time: Ignore the goofy 7-day forecast, its 4 days worth of guessing. They have a general idea, about a general area, 3 days out but beyond that they are wrong as often as right.

That said, the Metroplex is way over due for a big one. We need another $billion storm.

Imagine how long any of us would be in business, or employed if, we were wrong as often as meteorologists ?!

B)

April 5, 2015 at 5:24 p.m.

clvr83

I'm in SW IL and we only got 1" hail that I know of. I'm thankful for that.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CC-Season5-UnlockingEfficiency-July11-Banner-Watch
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad