User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - You Are Only One Click Away
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Health Insurance

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

OLE Willie

I've been looking into the cost of health insurance for the last month or so. Not very cost effective unless theres some kind of tragedy! With all the copays, coinsurance, deductibles and uncovered expenses you could just pay for everything yourself much cheaper as long as theres not a tragedy. Hell, if it takes 5 years or so before theres a minor-medium type tragedy you could have paid for that also as long as its not an extreme tragedy. For an individual policy its reasonably affordable but not for a family. We dont have enough people to qualify for any discounted group rates. I just finished cutting back the overhead of the business which was not an easy or fast thing to do. It took almost a year to get it down to where it needed to be. I think im just going to have to cover my employees and not my own family. This is really sad! I guess I will have to wait a year or two and see what becomes of the current health care laws, options, etc.... :dry:

October 31, 2009 at 10:52 a.m.

OLE Willie

Well, i think Lanny might have something there. Maybe We will go with a policy with an affordable monthly fee ( and accompanying higher deductible ) even though it really only pays off in the event of a disaster. That would prevent financial ruin due to a health crisis. We can pay our own way with all the little stuff. We all seem to be in decent health and don't use doctors very often anyways. :dry:

October 31, 2009 at 9:18 a.m.

kage

Jed Said: That way I always have six or seven pairs and dont have to go looking for something I cant see (like them boys over on the science and religion thread :laugh: .

Your body looks for air all the time can you see it?

October 31, 2009 at 8:06 a.m.

Jed

I'm in the same boat as Woody regarding the glasses, 3 pairs for 10 bucks at the Oldsmar flea market,... 150s. That way I always have six or seven pairs and don't have to go looking for something I can't see (like them boys over on the science and religion thread :laugh: There'd be no sense in getting a high fallutin' pair for a pile of dosh as I'd lose them quick style.

October 30, 2009 at 10:02 p.m.

wywoody

My wife has good insurance through her work. She told me to use the vision benefit before the end of the year. I use cheap over-the-counter reading glasses for reading, but otherwise I see fine. I will be getting a deluxe pair of glasses for a $31 copay. The glasses and exam came to $720. with insurance picking up the balance.

We went out to eat today and parked in front of a national discount optical store. They had lots of banners touting 2 pairs of glasses for $59.99 including exam. Either way it would have cost me about $30 for the glasses. The other way insurance gets to pay $690 as well.

October 30, 2009 at 7:22 p.m.

tinner666

I had the same issues. Still do, to be truthful.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MetalForming - Banner Ad - Schechtl Free Installation and Training
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad